I haven't been feeling much, so it is still hard to believe that I am actually pregnant. I have had some symptoms, but if I didn't actually KNOW I was pregnant, I wouldn't really think anything of them. Here's what my symptoms have been so far:
- First symptom I got was getting a shaky feeling when I got hungry. I normally eat every 2-3 waking hours and typically, when I'd get hungry my stomach would growl. After the transfer, if I was hungry, I actually just felt really shaky.
- Insomnia - I have ALWAYS had to get up in the middle of the night to pee at least once. Now it's been at least twice/night. There has been several nights when I would get up around 2:00 and NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO SLEEP and have ended up being awake the rest of the night. It sucks.
- While I have been getting very hungry, food just doesn't really seem to appeal to me right now. There have been a few times that I just simply couldn't finish my meal. That never happens to me. I am one that always cleans my plate to the last drop or speck of food. Some of my favorite foods just seem tasteless to me right now.
- The last few days I have been feeling very bloated after eating, although I have not gained any weight. Not even through the holidays. Major success for me!
- There have been a few times that I've felt nauseous, or at least I think I have. But then, my niece ended up with the flu the other night when she spent the night and puked 4 times! (Yay me) So I don't know whether to think I caught her bug, or if I'm just pregnant :)
- My breasts have felt slightly tender/itchy the last few days. However, this really isn't that unusual for me, as my husband would attest to.
That's about it. Nothing major, and nothing I wouldn't chalk up as being so totally out there. If I didn't know better, I wouldn't think anything much of any of this under normal circumstances. For the time being, I am going to relish in considering them all pregnancy symptoms though.
We are spending the weekend at the coast with Hubby's family. It will be a nice distraction and hopefully help the days go faster, so Monday and our first ultrasound will get here quicker. As much as I am hoping for some morning sickness and a REAL sign of pregnancy, I wouldn't mind it waiting now a few more days. We still haven't told our families yet that we are pregnant. We are waiting until after the ultrasound before we make it official. They know we were doing infertility treatments and that we should know pretty soon if it worked or not, but we haven't given them any details about when any of the procedures were. It will be hard to explain me ralphing without them guessing. That's not exactly how I want to break the news, so as much as I wouldn't mind getting sick, I wouldn't mind it holding off for another couple days.