Friday, May 29, 2015

Slacker Post

Yep.  I'm officially a slacker.  I've been meaning to write a post (or two) all week.  I have a few post ideas in my head, but actually sitting down to write them is another story.  I can't even claim to be super busy this week, other than taking care of my babies and trying to keep them entertained.

So, here's a quick post, just to let you know that we are all still here and to give you a dose of toddler cuteness.

It's hot this week.  Not hot in comparison to some places, but for Oregon, it's our first hot weather of the summer.  It's doubly hot for us, because we don't have air conditioning in our house.  I told Tony yesterday that I absolutely refuse to live in another house that doesn't have AC.  Yesterday it was 82 degrees outside, but was 85 degrees in the house.  Ugh.  I feel so bad for Ayden and Rylee because it's soooo hot in their room.  I'm not looking forward to when it hits the 90's/100's.

One nice thing about the hot weather though, is the water fun outside!  I introduced them to the sprinkler the other day.  Neither one of them liked it at all, especially Ayden.  He just stood/sat there and let the water pelt him while he cried his head off.  Poor kid. It was another "mean mommy" moment, because I couldn't help but laugh!  Rylee didn't like it either, but she just walked away from it and all was okay.

"Mommy, it's getting me!"

I didn't torture them with the sprinkler for very long.  While they didn't enjoy that adventure, they did thoroughly enjoy the water hose itself.







13 comments:

  1. Always good and appreciated to see a post from you!!! Especially when the post involves a dose of toddler cuteness!!! I talk about these adorable twins whenever I get a chance to share with someone myself!!! Sorry about no AC!!! I thought you had some! Lots of fans or invest into one of those new wall mounted AC's. I hear they work good and I don't think they are expensive either. Sending lots of hugs and love! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a window unit that Tony will hopefully be installing this weekend! We broke down and got one last summer because it seemed like child a use to make the babies sleep in 85+ rooms!

      Delete
    2. I do remember the window unit now. I hope it helps!! Nothing worse than being to hot!! At least with the cold, you can keep layering to get warm. Can't wait to see the wading pool pictures!!! They will have a blast (so will the parents!)!!!!

      Delete
  2. Adorable!! Are you going to buy a kiddie pool? My sons absolutely loved it when they were small. In FL, where we live, A/C is something we use all year. I'd love a break from the electric bill, but we can't live without it! I hope you have a great summer with your twins.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! We did get a kiddie pool for them, but we haven't taken it out of the box yet. Probably not till next weekend. There's just a few things that Tony and I both want to experience with them together when we bust it out for the very first time! :) Yeah, if we had this hot weather year round, I guarantee we'd have AC!

      Delete
  3. They are so cute! We have AC, but my daughters room gets SO hot regardless. We bought a portable machine for her room (it's a big thing we can store in the closet, so doesn't sit in the window, just vents out the window). It works great. Maybe consider something like that? I think we paid between $200-300 for ours. The nice thing is that we can move it from room to room if we need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually sounds closer to what we have Heather! We're going to put it in the living room though and try to get fans in their rooms to maybe help.

      Delete
  4. I always love seeing their pictures! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you qualify as a slacker when you are mother of twins! You keep them fed, clothed, safe and happy, that's hardly slacking! They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. I don't have AC either and it is brutal. We have window units in the bedrooms which helps at night, but it's in the 90's for several months here so it is just miserable in our living room all day.

    ReplyDelete