How do I feel about moving? Here are the positives:
- We are moving back to our friends and family. No more 1.5 hour drives. No more having to spend the night at the in-laws, which is only terrible because it always messes up Ayden and Rylee's sleep for at least a week.
- We will have child care more readily available when needed. I desperately need to make a few doctor appointments for myself, but that's impossible here because we don't know anyone to help watch the kids. Tony has to work, and it just doesn't work taking them with me for things like that.
- Ayden and Rylee will be able to spend more time at their grandparents house. They have a lot of property to explore and the kiddos absolutely adore the cows.
- The timing worked out perfectly that my in-laws have a rental available for us to move into. They just put brand new carpet, linoleum, a few new windows, and all new kitchen appliances in the house.
- The rent is a lot cheaper, so we will be able to put aside a large amount each month toward our down payment on a new house.
- It's within walking distance to the WOU softball fields. We have two girls that we coached that are freshman on the team. We'll also be able to attend more high school games at the school where I coached for 20 years.
- We will be leaving the new friends we made here, particularly our twin friends. I was really looking forward to having one more summer of park play dates and adventures with them.
- I will miss the Community Playgroup that we've gotten involved with. Even though we are moving back home, Ayden and Rylee were barely just a year old when we left and hadn't gotten involved in anything like that yet. We lived there for over 20 years, but never with kids. I have to start all over with finding things for us to do and meeting new mom friends. I suck at that stuff. Thus, the reason I've only made one "real" friend here so far.
- The house we are moving into is much, much smaller than what we are used to.
We have too much furniture for this house. We aren't even sure our bed and both our dressers will fit in the master bedroom. This should be interesting. It also only has one bathroom. Not the end of the world, but Tony's not the.... most careful or clean in the bathroom, and I'm seriously not very excited about how often I'll be cleaning it since Ayden and Rylee have to touch EVERYTHING! Ugh.
- The garage door to the new (to us) house doesn't open, which is extremely inconvenient. We will be buying an outdoor shed to store the lawnmower, wheel barrel, etc. We'll see how it works with the stroller and bikes.
- The kitchen got all new appliances, except a microwave. We have to buy a microwave.
- We have to pack up and move again. I hate moving. The worst part is that we'll most likely be doing the same exact thing in about another year when we will have a sizable down payment and are more in a position to buy. Moving three times in three years with babies/toddlers. Sigh....