Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pay It Forward 2013

Reading is one of my favorite pastimes.  When I saw that Jessah at Dreaming of Dimples was starting a project called Pay It Forward 2013 and it involves books, I new I wanted to participate.  Plus, it is just another great way to interact with my fellow blogging friends and maybe get to know some new ones.

So here's how it works:

The first 5 people to comment with their email and blog address will receive a book from me in the mail. However, I would ask one thing of you. To pay it forward. I ask that you make the same offer on your blog and then bless five lucky people. To post the button and pass along a beloved book (new or used) to five of your readers. It could be a favorite book or a book you think could really help the receiver based on what's going on in their life (i.e. fertility or pregnancy book, photography, cooking, diet, etc.) Blog stalking would be required. If you send the book media mail, the cost is under $3. It is a very inexpensive way to give something meaningful to someone else without expecting anything in return.

Even if you are not one of the first 5 commenters, you can still participate in Pay It Forward 2013 on your blog. Just write a post, add the button by clicking on it here in this post, make the offer and send the books.  Simple.

Thank you Jessah for coming up with this wonderful way to celebrate your one year blogiversary!  I am really looking forward to receiving your book and to pay it forward!

5 comments:

  1. Awesomesauce. Email is just my name, no spaces, with gmail.
    http://apassagetobaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My first responder for this project! Now I get to go book shopping for you.... So fun :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Amber. Thanks so much for participating. So here is what you do...copy the code that is below the button on my page. Go into edit this post in blogger and click on the button on the top left that says html. Paste the code. Then click back to compose and you should see the grab button in your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    http://overworkedovaries.blogspot.com/2013/01/kimberly-from-no-good-eggs-and-julia.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving Pay it Forward!!!! Did you get some good books and did you get your 5 bloggers addresses? How fun on top of fun that you were having at this time!!!!

    ReplyDelete