Monday, January 14, 2013

3rd Ultrasound = Great News!

Today I am 8 weeks, 3 days measuring at 7 weeks, 6 days.  I had the best ultrasound appointment ever!  The heartbeat is at a strong 153 and the baby is measuring behind, but on track for the time interval passed between each of the ultrasounds so far.  Actually, it has picked up a day since last week!  We were behind 5 days last week and now we are only measuring 4 days behind schedule.  Woo-Hoo!

I think Dr. W was just as excited as I was.  You could tell just as soon as the baby popped up on the screen that it was bigger than last week and right away we could spot the heart rate.  She said it looks just like a little gummy bear at this point, and she is right!  You can clearly see where the head is and the beginnings of the arm and legs, like little gummy bear stubby arms and legs :)  I would post the ultrasound pics, but our scanner doesn't work for me to put it on my computer.

Now, I am just waiting for Hubby to get home.  He wasn't able to get the time off work today to go to the appointment with me.  He called just before I went into the appointment to remind me that he loves me, and that it would be okay regardless of the outcome.  He hated not being there, but we have to pay for all of this somehow!  Actually, I really wasn't too keen on getting bad news by myself if that had been the case, but thank God it wasn't!!!  Now I just have to wait for Hubby to get home so I can tell him that Bob is doing great!

Yes, that is what he decided that we should call the baby right now.  Haha!  We were talking one night recently, and he jokingly called it Bob.  Okay, I hate the name and I said no way!  However, 2 seconds later I thought what the heck?  It's not actually going to BE the baby's name.  Hubby wasn't serious, but we have to call it something, so Bob it is.  Besides, it's kinda funny.  So there you have it.  We have a Bob.

Yay!  I'm so excited!  And now I can actually feel a sense of relief for the first time during this whole process so far.  Whew.

Dr. W said she felt comfortable graduating us at this point.  I told her that was kind of scary.  She agreed, but said technically everything looks great at this point but she would leave that up to me.  I have my appointment scheduled with my new ob/gyn on Feb. 1st, but if I would like another ultrasound before then, she would be more than happy to do that for me.  I told her yes, I absolutely would like to see the baby again.  Maybe it's dumb since it does cost $42 each time, but I think it's worth it just for the reassurance of seeing the baby again.  I asked if we could schedule it when she is on shift and she said absolutely!  She wants to see the baby again too!  I go in again next Wednesday.

Wow.  I am so happy right now!

14 comments:

  1. Such great news! Yea for Bob! Yea for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm happy Bob is growing and getting stronger!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best news you could get, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news Amber! Very happy for you guys and little Bob (or Bobette).

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL! I have been so anxious for your post! I am sooo happy you got great news!!! Time to get excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for an award on my blog! http://nogoodeggs.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/awards-season/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much! I am so excited to get my first blogger award ever! I can't wait till I have time to sit down and answer the questions and come up with my own. Probably this weekend.... Thank you!

      Delete
  7. On one hand, I am so happy that you both got to feel the elation of pregnancy and hear congratulations from you fellow bloggers who understand so well. I hope somewhere, JUST MAYBE, that will give you comfort in the years ahead to know that you got to experience the joy if only temporary. But I wonder, water is not good on our laptops, do tears count as water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you will read pretty soon about how we have come to at least be grateful for the small things we did get to experience with our pregnancy. We are thankful for what we did get, but it is small comfort all the same.

      Delete
  8. Still feeling smug!!! (Note: Read my email!) Think I needed an emotional break!! Back to reading!

    ReplyDelete