Friday, April 12, 2013

Softball and Other Stuff

We actually are undefeated in league so far, with 4 wins.  We haven't faced our toughest opponents yet, so we will see how long that holds.  I feel like we are hanging on by the skin of our teeth, but we just might make the State play-offs.  We'll see how it goes.

I am taking the team to watch #24 ranked Oregon State play Utah tomorrow.  Pac-12 softball is the best in the Nation, with the SEC not far behind.  I'm a firm believer in watching the next level to help you learn the game and improve your own skills.  It's important for the girls to see the intensity that the college girls play with, not just during the game, but during their warm ups as well.  Hopefully it won't end up getting rained out.  That would be a bummer.

In other news, I am now down 5 lbs.  My clothes still fit too tight, but I am definitely feeling a lot more comfortable in my own skin.  I went for a 2.5 mile walk/run today.  I actually increased my running interval pace by about a minute from last week!  I know I won't be as trained as I would like for my 10k coming up in May, but I'll at least be able to do it.

My box of meds arrived on Tuesday, but I have yet to open them.  I suppose I should make sure everything is in there that is supposed to be.  I just haven't taken the time.  I don't start the Lupron injections until the 18th, so I haven't felt in a hurry.  Although, now that I think about it, that is next week already!  Yikes!  Time sure does go by quickly.  Before we know it, we will be doing our transfer.  Scary.

Well, as usual, I have very little time.  I have several errands that I need to run before softball practice.  I just thought I'd write a little something to let you all know I am still alive and well!

18 comments:

  1. Yea for the league record thus far. Hoping it holds for the rest of the season.

    Fingers crossed for the cycle. I have a great feeling for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your great feeling becomes reality! :)

      Delete
  2. congrats on the weight loss and the softball wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya for the wins!! I would love to see OSU play ball! ANY kinda ball! Go Beavs!!! Congrats on the weight loss, you must feel great! Thatta girl!

    I am really excited to follow your through you FET cycle! I will say lots of prayers for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun watching college sports, especially in person. Hopefully you will get a chance to go to a game someday! Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  4. This time around the Lupron hasn't been too bad. Hope you have an easy cycle. Congratulations on the 5 pounds off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, the Lupron will take it easy on me too!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on getting those 5 pounds off! It's amazing how little you can lose before you start feeling better. And great news on your undefeated record!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is amazing the difference a few pounds can make.

      Delete
  6. Good news all around!!! Sending much love and prayers for all aspects of your
    life, that includes continued success with the softball wins!! I'm going to have to hopefully find inspiration in your walk/runs and get out there and do
    some of that myself!! My friend and I are walking on Wednesday!!!! That always gets me out there, just have to get out on my own! Enjoying staying connected through this blog! Keep having fun!! Love you, Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt D! I'm glad you are getting out there and walking yourself :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss and the team's record! I hope both continue to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the weight loss and softball wins!! Prayers that all goes well with the meds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the weight loss! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl! Five pounds is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just catching up. Congrats on the weight loss and great job on the progression with your running!

    ReplyDelete