Thursday, April 4, 2013

Let's Get This Show on the Road!

I finally received a message back from my RE.  Here is what she said:

Hi Amber,

I know that the past couple months have been hard on you emotionally. Although weight/BMI does impact implantation and pregnancy potential in IVF cycles, a 14lb wt gain is unlikely to significantly affect your chance for pregnancy especially knowing that your uterus has achieved pregnancies in the past. I'll forward this to Jill for a possible map-out if you wish to move forward w/ the FET.

D. Wu


Knowing that Dr. Wu is comfortable moving forward, in addition to most of you saying pretty much the identical thing, we are going forth!  I am just waiting for my phone call from the nurse to go over our plan.  I assume I will be starting bcp's tomorrow, which I conveniently have on hand already :)

Now, time to kick my butt into gear and start eating right and hitting the pavement for my 10k!  Nothing like a little motivation to get you going.

18 comments:

  1. Whoo-hooo!! Glad that you are moving forward. I am so excited to cheer you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the news I wanted to hear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little overweight and that didn't stop my body from getting pregnant with my IVF cycle. A few pounds shouldn't make a HUGE difference.

    Glad that you are getting things moving again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful and i totally agree with the doc!!! i am overweight and no one has ever advised me it would affect my chances. i know many people, including a close friend, who is morbidly obese who got preg the first time she tried. it is just us infertiles that worry about everything

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news! So happy the doctor was able to put your concerns to rest! I am so excited to cheer you on through this journey!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! I'm very happy that your doctor helped ease your fears and you get to move forward! I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was only advised to lose weight for the ER since the anesthesiologist had a BMI limit, but my SIL was overweight and the RE didn't even mention it and we had success! :) Can't wait to hear your cycle updates, it's going to go awesomely, I just know it! FX'd for you and sending all the positive vibes in the world your way! Woohoo, let's get this FET party started!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! I've got my pompoms all ready!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of hugs and prayers being sent your way!!!! Good luck hitting the pavement and back to feeling healthy!!! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you're excited and ready to move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck training for you 10k. You got this! And glad you're moving forward...I need to hurry and do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES! Good luck with the training, friend. I'm so excited that you're moving forward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad your RE could give you some reassurance and you can move forward. I'll be cheering you on :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the best of luck for this FET!!! I've got everything crossed I can for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news! Nothing like having this as a motivation to return to your healthy ways! Looking forward to lots of great news this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! This is great news! I am crossing my fingers and toes for you.

    ReplyDelete