Friday, January 19, 2018

Friday Bullets

I've been feeling pretty unmotivated to do much in the past two weeks. I'm still coughing. I don't feel quite like the death I did last weekend, but I can't wait to kick this cough to the curb. My energy level is super low, and it's about all I can do to keep up with the laundry, the kids, and keeping our house somewhat clean. So about all I can muster up for a post is a few bullet points.


  • Rylee started ballet at the first of the year. The girl was always showing everyone her "ballet" moves. Any Mary Jane type shoes, she calls her ballet shoes. We were at the park one day, and she overheard some older girls talking about their ballet class. Rylee proudly told them that she knows ballet, too! After that, Tony and I figured we really, really needed to get her into a ballet class.
Cutest ballerina ever.

This was BEFORE ever taking a ballet class. She could already impressively stand on her toes, on both feet.



  • I ended up staying home sick last weekend while Tony took the kids to do all the fun stuff. He took Rylee to her ballet class, then took both kids to a monster truck show. The plan had been for the monster trucks to be a fun one-on-one date with Ayden, but with me being sick, we bought another ticket last minute so he could take Rylee too. After the show, they went to our last Christmas gathering of the season and stayed the night at Tony's parents. I did nothing but lay in bed the entire time. It sucked being sick, but it was so nice not having to be needed 99.9% of the time!

  • I still need to take down our Christmas decorations. The tree was taken down the week following Christmas, and all the ornaments put away, but everything else is still out. I haaaate putting away decorations. Add in my lack of motivation.... Sigh....

  • The kids had a dentist appointment yesterday and they both did so good! It was no surprise that Rylee did great, but this was Ayden's first dentist appointment that he didn't scream his head off the whole time. They were even able to get x-rays from both kids. In fact, they did so good that the staff even thought they must be in kindergarten. They commented several times on how well behaved they both were, for being only four years old! Last time, Ayden refused to even sit in the chair! Proud mom moment for sure. We celebrated how brave they were by going to get ice cream afterward.



Whelp, that's it. Not a lot going on around here. Hopefully I'll kick this cough soon, and I'll feel more motivated to actually do more than sit around the house. I typically have no problem hitting 10,000 steps every day, but I've been lucky to hit even 7,000 lately. What a slug I've been!

7 comments:

  1. OMG, I love the ballet photos -she's working on getting on toe! Such a natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is a natural! She "practices" her ballet almost every day around the house.

      Delete
  2. If only parenthood came with sick pay! It’s one role you are expected to be able to keep doing even when poorly. Hope you feel better soon. None of my kids wanted to do ballet which I was a bit sad about - it would have been lovely to have pictures anywhere near as adorable as Miss Rylee’s photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moms just aren't supposed to get sick! I do feel much better, but still have the lingering cough. I was never into dance myself, but I think Rylee's pretty much the cutest little ballerina ever!

      Delete
  3. I am so excited about Rylee and ballet since I've seen her on her toes!!! Still blows me away every time I think of that! She's a natural and going to SUPER STAR ROCK ballet!!! So glad they enjoyed their "last" Christmas of 2017 and had such a good day and that you got some much needed and earned rest!! Just wish you were feeling better! SOON!!!!! I'm not sick and soooooo unmotivated (reading good books though)! Christmas is put away other than changing out the snowman towels in our bathroom but want to spring clean it when I do that. MAYBE this week??? Love and hugs, Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is pretty impressive with standing on her toes! I'm not even motivated to read a book, so you've got me beat there!

      Delete
  4. Rylee in her ballerina outfit is adorable!! I'm glad that Tony was able to take the kids off your hands for a weekend so that you could get some rest. Moms never get to do that!

    I just took down our outside Xmas decorations this past weekend so I may have beat you in the laziness department. :-)

    ReplyDelete