Monday, January 29, 2018

Microblog Monday: Motivation





I found out over the weekend that I got onto a Hood to Coast team! I have ran Hood to Coast a total of 8 times, but I haven't done it the last 3 years now. The last time I ran it, Ayden and Rylee were just 8 months old! (I wrote a blog post about it. Click here if you are interested in reading it)


All my Hood to Coast medals from over the years.


This is a 199 mile (depending on the exact route, it can vary a few miles either way, year to year) relay race, starting at Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood and finishing in Seaside, OR. There are 1050 teams that participate each year, with hundreds of more teams that don't get turned away and don't get into the race. It is such an amazing event to be a part of, and I am so excited to be on a team again!

I have really slacked on running for the past 6 weeks or so, since I did that 5k in early December. Getting sick and then having this lingering cough for so long hasn't helped. I've decided that this week, I'm going to focus on stretching and doing self myofascial release by foam rolling. My muscles are so out of shape and tight, it definitely won't hurt to spend a week stretching for a good 30-60 minutes every day. That will also give my cough more time to disappear.

I know I already said this, but I AM SO EXCITED to have the opportunity to be a part of this race again! This is just the motivation I needed to stop being lazy and start taking care of myself again. I have 7 months to prepare. Wish me luck!




If you'd like to read more #MicroblogMonday posts from other bloggers, or learn more about what it's all about, please click here.




9 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck!! Great way to start training with the stretching and hope your cough goes away so that you can get down to business!! CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a part of the team!!! YOU WILL BE FANTASTIC!!! Love and hugs, Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always my biggest cheerleader :)

      Delete
    2. Always will be!!!:) Because you are always worth cheering for!!:)

      Delete
  2. My friend did this last year and really enjoyed it. I should add it to my race to-do list. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! So cool that you have a friend that did it last year. There are people/teams from all over the United States, and even a few from other countries. 1050 teams x 2 vans per team x 12 people per team + all the race volunteers = total chaos! I've never done anything else like it.

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I am still on a team to do Ragnar in May even though I haven't been able to run in the past two months (stupid heel). Hopefully I am still able to do it (even though everyone is way faster than me)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So awesome that you are doing Ragnar! You still have 3+ months, so hopefully you’ll be able to start running again soon! Injuries suck. Everyone is way faster than me too. It’s all about having fun and the grand feeling of accomplishment at the end!

      Delete
  4. Wow that's amazing. Wishing you the very best in your training and the actual race.
    dropping by from MicroblogMondays

    ReplyDelete