Monday, May 18, 2015

Microblog Monday: An Eventful Weekend




We had a pretty crazy busy weekend.  First, we all were planning to go to my niece's softball game, the only game of the year that we could actually attend.  On the way there, I got a call that it was cancelled.  Dang!  Tony and I were driving separately because he had to leave early to attend a funeral.  The babies and I continued on to my sister's house anyway so that we could get in a short visit.  Plus, we now had to kill time because we weren't about to attempt taking the kids to the funeral.  Ayden and Rylee had much more fun playing with their cousins.

Adilyn (19 months), Steven (5), Ayden (16 months), Eliana (9), Rylee (16 months), Nathanial (3 1/2)
We met Tony for the gathering after the funeral.  There were lots of people anxious to meet the infamous twins!  Then Tony's parents took Ayden and Rylee home with them, allowing us to meet some friends and go to a movie.  Of course we HAD to see Perfect Pitch 2.  It was entertaining, but not remotely as good as the first one.  It also had a shocking amount of racial slurs in it that I thought took it way too far.

While we were at the movies, Ayden and Rylee enjoyed farm life with their grandparents. They got to meet the cows...


Sunday morning, I was fully initiated into motherhood.  After breakfast, in which Ayden hardly ate anything (thank goodness!), he had a diarrhea diaper.  I didn't think too much of it because it happens every once in awhile.  Then he puked on the kitchen floor.  Outfit change #2 if you count getting him dressed for the day earlier.  Then he puked again.  Outfit change #3.  Then he had another small puke, but stayed mostly on his clothes for outfit change #4.  Sooooo, it was going to be one of those kind of days.  Poor guy wasn't feeling very good.  We turned on their favorite Curious George movie and snuggled on the couch.  Ayden coughed a little bit and I thought he might vomit again, so I tucked him in close to me so it wouldn't get all over the couch or carpet.  He didn't, at least not right away.  But then.... then he totally puked ALL.  OVER.  ME.  And not just a little bit.  This was a full on vomit fest and was so disgusting and smelled so bad!  Rylee chose that moment to launch herself over the side of the couch and onto her head.  Tony was in the other room at the time.  I had my hands very full.  Literally!  That seemed to get it all out of Ayden's system and he felt much better the rest of the day.  Rylee apparently has a hard head and was okay as well, after getting over the initial shock of falling off the couch.  (She unfortunately hasn't learned her lesson though, and continues to temp fate and do it again!)

We also managed to move Rylee's crib into the other room yesterday.  Last night was their first night sleeping in separate rooms.  They always have for naps, but this was a first at night.  It went very, very well!  Both went to sleep on their own and Rylee stayed in her crib till 4:30.  Both up by 5:40.  (I really wouldn't mind them sleeping in longer someday!)


To learn more about #MicroblogMonday and read posts on other blogs, click here.


14 comments:

  1. Aw I love the photo's with the animals..too cute!! So sorry to hear about poor Ayden and you of course, wow what a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That...sounds...disgusting. Kudos for not joining in the puke-fest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Ayden wasn't feeling well! That is the WORST kind of sick! I hope he feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy -- I hope he's feeling better. I've been there -- it is so hard when one is sick and the other is still moving around and you're pulled in two directions... with puke, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope Ayden is well today and that Rylee was spared as well as the parents!! Separate bedrooms and slept a LONG time! Maybe that was the secret all along? Some day, you will get more sleep, GUARANTEED!!!! Love the photos and glad that you got to have some fun this week-end. Sorry about the loss. Love and hugs, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cows, so pretty! So sorry about the crazy diaper and the multiple changes... I hope everyone is feeling better and that initiation was enough for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no- puke! So far Izzy has only puked a few times at daycare- and never more than once so she has been fine once I got her home. I'm on a train right now to go get her as she puked this afternoon. Hopefully she isn't going to bring it home with her!

    Hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really envious that you were able to get out to see a movie!! :). XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, that sounds like a motherhood initiation alright! I'm glad he felt better after and that Rylee was ok :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, that sounds like a motherhood initiation alright! I'm glad he felt better after and that Rylee was ok :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Give them 14 years. My 15 year old would sleep past noon if I let her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an intense morning! Moms need to have octoarms, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Ayden's smile in the cousin picture. :)

    I'm sorry for all the pukes and head bonks. :(

    ReplyDelete