Friday, May 8, 2015

Four

I'm stealing this post idea from Non Sequitur Chica.  I love these kinds of posts that give you a little insight to the person behind the blog, allowing you to get to know them better.

Four jobs I've had:

  1. Norpac Foods, a cannery.  I worked there for 7 summers on the graveyard shift, 7 days/week, through high school and college.  I worked all sorts of jobs there:  worked the conveyor belt, on the sanitation crew, was a heavy equipment operator and forklift driver, and I finished my last two seasons as the "Head Cook."
  2. Direct Sales.  I sold PartyLite candles for 8 years.
  3. Coached softball for 20 years.  The first 1o years were as an unpaid volunteer.  Then I became a Varsity Head Coach for the last 10, while still continuing as a volunteer coach during the summers.
  4. Personal Trainer at an Athletic Club.  This was my "real" job that allowed me to work a schedule condusive to being a high school softball coach.  However, it was also rewarding helping people change their lives and accomplish goals.
Four movies I've watched more than once:

  1. Goonies
  2. Ever After
  3. Christmas Vacation
  4. American President
Four books I'd recommend:

  1. The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks) - The book is so much better than the movie!
  2. Three Weeks with My Brother - A Memoir (Nicholas Sparks/Micah Sparks)
  3. Hunger Games Series (Suzanne Collins) - The 2nd book, Catching Fire, was by far my favorite of the three.
  4. Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling)
Four places I've lived:

  1. Stayton/Sublimity, Oregon
  2. Monmouth/Independence, Oregon
  3. Corvallis, Oregon
  4. Veneta, Oregon
Four places I've traveled:

  1. Washington D.C.
  2. Nassau, Bahamas (a free trip to the Atlantis Resort I earned while selling PartyLite)
  3. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
  4. Oahu, Hawaii
Four things I prefer not to eat:

  1. mushrooms
  2. sushi
  3. shrimp
  4. salmon
Four of my favorite foods:

  1. ice cream
  2. pineapple
  3. tacos
  4. cake
Four TV shows I watch: (we currently don't have cable, but when we do...Or on Netflix)

  1. Parenthood
  2. Friends
  3. So You Think You Can Dance
  4. The Amazing Race
Four things I'm looking forward to this year:

  1. Playing outside in the kiddie pool with Ayden and Rylee
  2. Fresh blueberries and strawberries from our very own garden
  3. Taking a family trip to the beach and hopefully the Aquarium
  4. Ayden and Rylee FINALLY saying their first word, and second, and third....
Four things I'm always saying:

  1. Don't eat that! (to Ayden and Rylee, mostly when they try to eat rocks outside)
  2. No biting!  (mostly to Rylee.  She has left bite marks/bruises up and down Ayden's arms.  He sometimes gets her too.)
  3. Sit down please.  (in the bathtub, on the couches, etc.)
  4. I love you

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post, knew some, learned some (your favorite movies) and ended reading this thinking "that's sweet". I loved the 4 things you are always saying!! How life does change, for the better and adds so much sweetness! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I LOVE YOU!!! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lists like these and learning more about people. (I also might steal it.)

    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading posts like this!

    I can't imagine working the graveyard shift during high school and college. When did you ever sleep?! I'm so excited for So You Think You Can Dance to come back on, it's one of my favorite reality TV shows.

    ReplyDelete