Thursday, May 31, 2018

Right Now: May Edition

Reading: I'm doing my best to stay caught up in reading blog posts from my friends, but I'm even slacking in doing that. Otherwise, it is only a bedtime book every night with the kids.

Watching: America's Got Talent just started, but I'm not sure I'll actually be able to watch the whole season with us moving soon. I'm also watching a Hallmark movie occasionally.

Listening: At this very moment I'm listening to Pooh's Heffalump Movie. The kids are watching it for  a little quiet time.

Drinking: Water. I've been doing a little better at drinking my water lately. I'm not quite getting my 100 oz in every day, but I am getting at least 64 oz, which is a lot better than what I had been drinking.

Eating: Strawberries! Our Community Playgroup met at a local farm this morning to play and pick strawberries. This was Ayden and Rylee's first time picking strawberries. I was REALLY impressed that they didn't just try to eat them all! In fact, they asked before eating any at all. I was proud of them for actually putting the strawberries in their buckets!


Wearing: Softball pajama pants (I had to change out of my jeans when we got home. I needed to be more comfortable!), and a blue Finder's Records t-shirt that I was gifted from a fellow infertility friend I met through blogging several years ago.

Loving: My new running shoes! I have been walking/running 3-4 times a week, but have been struggling with super tight achilles and calves. I haven't had a new pair of running shoes since well before the kids were born, so it's been at least a good 5 years! I'm hoping my new shoes will help. I've also been foam rolling and icing. I NEED to be able to run 20 miles for the Hood to Coast relay in August. I need to be injury free!



Anticipating: So much! Getting settled into our new house. They FINALLY accepted our offer! I am sooooo looking forward to this being our last move for a long, long time. I'm also looking forward to our trip to Montana this summer. The kids and I (and maaaaaaybe Tony?) will be traveling with Sis and her family to Montana to visit our other sister. You can read about our first trip to Montana to meet Baby Sis herehere, and here

Hoping: That everything continues to go smoothly with the sale of our house, and the buying of our next house. We just found out tonight that our house passed appraisal, so as long as the buyers stay on track on their end, we are golden. Inspection is scheduled for next Friday for our new house, and the appraisal will be ordered sometime early next week. We really love that house, so hopefully everything will go just as smoothly with buying it, as it has been with selling this one.

Following: To be honest, I never stopped following the housing market even after we bought this house. It became a habit to look for the perfect house. Maybe because this one was kind of our only option at the time, and not one we were really planning to stay in for more than a couple years (which turned out to only be one year). I'm going to continue looking for new houses to come on the market until we at least close on the new house, just in case something falls through somewhere along the line. And, as I said, it's just become a habit!

Wondering: If we will ever kick this sick season! Ayden and Rylee both felt much better within about 12 hours (2 doses) of starting their antibiotics for strep throat last week. But then Tony came down with it on Saturday. He went to urgent care on Sunday and got an official diagnosis of strep and meds, but still wasn't feeling even remotely better after 3 days, so back to the doctor he went. He got a new prescription for stronger meds and hopefully that will kick in by tomorrow. Please let this be our last round.

Trying: As much as I'd like to focus on packing and getting ready for our big move, I am trying to make sure I get the kids out to do fun stuff during the day as well. Even if it's only making a trip to the park, I think they need things to stay as normal as possible throughout this process. They still need the chance to be kids, especially now that preschool is over for the summer (which makes packing quite the challenge with two 4 year olds trying to "help").

Worrying: About Sis and her family. They are going through some challenges right now. My oldest niece and nephew are especially struggling. I wish that we were able to help more, and were closer to see them more often.

Planning: Our move! Trying to coordinate dates with those that will be helping us.

Contemplating: What colors we are going to be painting in the new house! Also contemplating how we will arrange furniture, and what we will do with the extra little "guest room" we will have outside. Tony wants to make it HIS very own space, which will never happen, lol. The room is fully insulated and is even set up for cable! We are thinking we'd like to put a treadmill out there, and then make it a craft/project room of sorts.





11 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time for you all. What a great year this is shaping up to be for your family : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a lot of stuff happening right now. I’d never thought about it turning out to be such a great year. What a great perspective! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. There is some exhaustion & frustration in your life right now but there is soooo much good & exciting things happening too!! So glad that (cross my fingers) the move is starting to happen & going relatively smoothly. Sure wish I could be there to help.(: I'm enjoying America's Got Talent again too, but this first show was an emotional show for me. Had to fight to keep the tears in check! AND THE KIDS NOT EATING THE STRAWBERRIES!!! First year I went to pick for a "living" as a teenager, I ate as much as I picked! Figured out pretty quickly though that there was good money to be made when I didn't & I just got to work & picked! So kudos to your kids!!! ENJOY those new running shoes & you will ACE that run!! Hope everyone is WELL, STAYS WELL & that you can enjoy this summer!! Lots of fun ahead!!! Love & hugs, Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to laugh at ACING the run, because all I care about is being able to do it. Lol! ACING it is another story entirely.

      Delete
    2. My way of thinking: You have ACED it by just doing it!!! Your ACING it by working towards the goal!! Your ACING it by having fun!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your offer getting accepted! Honestly, the fact that they didn't have to list it alone AND you offered $1000 over asking should have gotten them to accept it, let alone $3000 over asking!

    I would absolutely put a treadmill in the extra room! It has been fantastic in our house so that if one of us is away, the other one can head downstairs to work out with the kids in the house. I can't wait to get back running!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!?!! You'd think it wouldn't have been such a difficult decision for them, but oh well, they finally did accept our offer and we are moving right along with things. Both of us are excited about the idea of getting a treadmill, so hopefully that will be in our future!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the offer! Hope the rest of the process goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for your (hopefully final!) move! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amber, happy August! Thinking of you and your big move. Hope everything is going brilliantly. Or even if real life isn't as easy as you'd like, I hope at least you are all still smiling and moving forward : ) Best wishes with it all.

    ReplyDelete