Thursday, August 30, 2018

We have Internet!!!

Wow! It's been 3 months (as of tomorrow) since my last blog post! We have been without internet for almost the entire summer. I am sooooo excited to have it back. I have about a million posts floating around in my head that I need to find time to write!

It's been a crazy summer. Here it is in a nutshell:

  • Tony's grandpa passed away. It was a blessing, as he'd been ready to go for a long time. Explaining death to 4 year olds was not easy. Rylee is very matter of fact about it, frequently telling people that "Grandpa M died." She also frequently states that she "doesn't want to get old and die."
  • We got an offer on our house in Veneta within four days of listing it. Everything went smoothly with the sale. It was still challenging to get everything packed and moved out.
  • The people we bought our new house from turned out to be assholes. That was not a super smooth process. More to come on that.
  • There was a gap between selling our old house and buying the new one. The timing couldn't have worked out much better with Grandpa M passing away, as we were able to move into his little duplex just two weeks later. Our couches, dressers, and closet clothes were the only things we moved into the house, everything else was stored in the garage. It was so nice not having to pack, unpack, and then repeat once our new house was ready.
  • The kids and I made the trek to Montana with Sis and her family, to see our other sister. We closed on our house while gone. Thankfully, Tony and I were able to sign papers before we left.   
  • The previous owners left the house a disaster. Again, we were very lucky to have a place to stay, because the house was totally not move in ready. We had to put in new carpet, had electrical work done, paint (lots and lots and lots of painting), shop vac the mounds and pounds of dog hair left behind from their three Australian Shepherd dogs, and scrub everything about a million times.
  • Then we had to move again. For those keeping track, that was our SIXTH move in just 3.5 years. Shoot. Me. Now.
  • Last weekend I ran in my 10th Hood to Coast relay, and I survived!
  • Oh, and the kids also took 10 weeks of swim lessons this summer. They just finished their last class tonight. We are going to take a little break, and then pick back up in a couple months again.

I hope that some of my bloggie friends are still out there reading! Please leave a comment and say hello if you are. I've missed this space! Until my next post, here's a bit of a photo dump. As stressful as this summer has been, we've managed to throw in some fun every once in awhile. The kids really needed it!

Grandma and Grandpa took them to their first rodeo.

We went to Enchanted Forrest, one of their absolute favorite places on earth.

My grocery shopping partners.

4th of July fun.

Watermelon eating contest!

My Princess and Prince Charming

Our wedding dates for one of the four weddings we went to this summer.

We had a family day at the beach.

Backyard water fun.

They had to share a bed all summer. Super adorable and sweet, other than the fact that they don't ever go to sleep while sharing a bed. I miss witnessing these moments, but I'm so glad they each have their own rooms again!

A little baseball fun!

So. Much. Sass.

17 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! You need a relaxing fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A relaxing Fall sounds lovely! Thanks for reading and saying hi!

      Delete
  2. You definitely had a busy summer..whew!! Glad to see a post from you. How sweet they are sleeping together but I can imagine they would be chatting and entertaining each other for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally had to break down and put Ayden to sleep in our bed, then moved him when we went to bed a few hours later. They were staying up hours after bedtime chatting and playing!!! I love that they had those moments and wouldn’t have minded, if they eventually went to sleep on their own. Lol

      Delete
  3. I am SO EXCITED that you are back on your blog & I know a LOT of this stuff already!!! LOVE the pictures...each one "oh this is my favorite...no this is my favorite!!" They are so adorable but the one that sticks in my head the most right now is grocery shopping...sooooo CUTE!!!! It's been such an awfully busy, hard working summer for all of you even with the fun that was had when taking adorable pictures that I SINCERELY HOPE that with the coming of school, fall, holidays & winter that there is always more fun BUT lots of relaxation & a slower pace for all of you now that you are HOME!!! I LOVE YOU all so much!!!!!!!!! Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are taking a very relaxed pace at unpacking and getting settled in here! Too much life going on to get it all done with two four year olds hat want to ALWAYS be doing something or going somewhere! Lol

      Delete
    2. So happy to hear your doing a relaxed pace since it is your FOREVER HOME or at least the next 13 years home!!!! Those two four year olds just have parents that make an exciting adventure out of life & most adventures happen outside of the home. Although those blanket forts are pretty exciting too!!!! LOVE YOU! PS: I sooooooo agree with jAllen that blogs are so much better than fb!!!!

      Delete
  4. Hello and welcome back from down under!! I've been hunting updates from you each week. Glad you all survived the multiple moves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this is our last move for a very long time now! Our plan is to stay here until the kids graduate high school and then we’ll reevaluate from there. Thanks for still being here, reading, and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Still here! Enjoyed following on FB, but it;s not the same as a blog post! Can’t wait to hear the rest of the story about the asshole homeowners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for FB, but you are right! It’s not the same as a blog post!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! So... did your amazing children grow up hugely in just a few months? Those pictures are so great and they look much older. Congratulations on the new home. Hope this.is.IT for you and there will be no more moves for a long and restful time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They do look so much older now, don't they!? (sad face)

      Delete
  7. Hi! *waves* Nothing can replace a blog post so I'm so glad you're back here! I remember moving into our townhouse rental and it was TRASHED. I cried. It took us forever to clean it just so we could move in. So solidarity. I can't wait to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still working on getting this place clean, but it's at least livable at this point! Ugh. Solidarity. I'm sorry you've experienced the same thing!

      Delete
  8. Oh man I'm so far behind in commenting! Congrats on selling your old place quickly- that's always a big worry. I'm sorry to hear that the new house was not ready for your move-in- were you guys able to get money from the sellers? I can't wait to hear the story!

    I remember the week of your Hood to Coast run because you had SO MANY Fitbit steps!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to write the post about our new house! I’m working on it though. So. Many. Steps. during Hood to Coast!!! Haha

      Delete