Saturday, October 18, 2014

Today I am an Old Lady

Today is my 40th birthday.  Does that officially make me old?  According to my chart at the doctor's office, I was considered "advanced maternal age" as of 5 years ago.  So maybe I was already old before today, and I just didn't count it.  Or maybe I did, since that IS the name of my blog title!  I'm old!

I just Googled "at what age are you considered old?"  There were a LOT of different answers.  Most people don't think old age starts until at least 50, but many answered 60 or 70.  A lot of thoughts were along the lines of "you are only as old as you feel" and I would tend to agree with that.  In that case, I do feel old, but I most definitely wouldn't call myself elderly!  Ha!  My body just hurts a lot these days.

Any time you Google something, it also brings up a list of related searches.  One of the suggested topics was "at what age are you considered a cougar?"  The answer is (drumroll........) 40!  So while most people don't consider you OLD at the age of 40, you DO enter cougar status!  Not that I'm on the prowl or anything.

So, how am I celebrating my birthday?  Remember The Cousins?  Well, I am going to their daughter's first birthday party.  Her birthday was actually yesterday, but the party is today.  We also have a wedding that we are supposed to go to and a college softball double header that we would like to go watch.  The wedding is a softball girl that we coached a few years back, and the softball game features a few of the girls we coached that just graduated and are now playing in college.  All these things scheduled on my birthday! We decided to go to the birthday party.

Tony made me a birthday cake this morning and gave me a card with the babies "signatures."  My first birthday with babies to help me celebrate!  Nothing better.  Other than that, it will be a pretty mild day with no big fan fare except for the one year old cousin's party.

Oh, we are making a trip to Costco on our way home from the party.  Nothing more exciting than buying diapers!  Actually, it IS pretty exciting that we have to, considering all the years we did NOT have to.  :)


Selfies with my babies from this past week.  They haven't quite figured out yet that you can actually smile for a selfie, regardless of all the funny faces and noises I made trying to get them to!


You can see my grey hair in this picture.  See, I AM old!  Ugh.



19 comments:

  1. Well, at least you aren't 41. ;-) From one libra to another, happy birthday. Hope it's a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday from Australia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's awesome to be able to say I had bday wishes all the way from Australia!

      Delete
  3. I really believe that saying "age ain't nothing but a number" and I don't think you are old!

    Happy birthday friend. How wonderful you get to spend it with your babies. You are a Mom this year - best gift ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! Yes, getting to be a Mom to my two babies is truly the best gift ever!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! So glad you have your little ones to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Amber! Rylee's photo face is priceless as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a fantastic first birthday as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! And you're totally a cougar!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    As for when you're old, I have a feeling that while you might be hurting and tired, those babies are going to keep you young for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete