Other Random Tidbits:
- I should have put this in with the birth story, but I forgot. It definitely is worth sharing though, as I thought it was pretty special. The day after the babies were born, I was an emotional mess. I was still on The Mag (ugh), I had just had a c-section, and I couldn't see my babies. In the midst of all that, Hubby gave me a necklace with the babies birthstone. I knew he had spent one night researching what their birthstone would be while we were hanging out in the hospital. Little did I know that he also went out one day and bought me a necklace. He doesn't do this sort of thing very often - I think mostly because we really can't afford it, because he actually does like shopping for me. I haven't worn the necklace yet because I didn't want to in the hospital and now because I don't want the babies to grab hold and break the chain. Also, I am living in sweats (the only thing that currently fits me). One of these days I will actually wear real clothes and put on the necklace. Maybe I should wear it tomorrow just for fun...
- The other day my blog achieved 100,000 pageviews. This blows my mind! As of right now, there have been 102,416 pageviews. This is my 150th post, and I have 69 followers. My most read post is An Early Arrival with 1156 pageviews. Say what??? I cannot even fathom that so many people have read that single post. It is also hard to comprehend that my little ol' blog has so many people reading it, period. It's hard to believe that my life and what I have to say can be so interesting to all of you and worthy of your time. So with that, I want to say thank you. Thank you so much to all of my readers. I consider so many of you true friends. When I started my blog, I had no idea the friendships that would be made. Thank you for all the comments you have left, the advice given, the support, virtual hugs, the love. If you have been following my story and have not introduced yourself yet, please do! I would love to get to know you.
- Speaking of... While in the hospital, one of the nurses asked me if I had a blog. Whoa. She thought I looked familiar, knew I had just given birth to twins, and put two and two together. At the time when she asked me about it, I was so totally blown away (plus I guess I had a lot of other stuff on my mind) that I didn't really stop to talk to her much about it. She told me she likes to read infertility blogs. I was speechless that mine was one of those that she follows. To that nurse, if you are reading this now, first of all thank you for your service as a nurse. Second, it meant so much to me that you recognized me from my blog. Thank you for telling me.
- During my time in the hospital and with the babies in the NICU, I got way behind in my own blog reading, but I am now almost caught up! I was behind 3 whole weeks, but now have it down to just the last 5 days worth of posts to read. Whew!
- Totally switching gears - I told you these were random tidbits! This past weekend we got So. Much. Snow! We had a foot of snow at our house. In all my life, I sincerely can't remember getting that much snow here in the Willamette Valley. It started on Thursday afternoon and continued through Saturday. The only sad part was being house bound and not being able to go out and play in it! I can't wait for the babies to be older and being able to take them out to play. I did leave the house long enough to take a few pictures...
|View from our house. This was Friday, about half way through the storm.|
|Hubby had to do some shoveling so he was able to go to work on Monday.|
By Monday afternoon the temperature was almost back up to 50* and it started to rain, so now the snow is rapidly disappearing. With that much snow and the warmer temps, in addition to the rain we are supposed to get this week, I won't be surprised if the Valley will now flood. Thank goodness we are not in a flood zone ourselves.
I am now being beckoned to go change a diaper and feed a little one, so I must go! I love my new job :)