Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me

Weeelllllllll, turns out I was wrong. Last night I posted that I had been 21 days late. I had trouble establishing what I thought was "full flow" because it was so light. I had a few days of spotting, and then it was a little heavier, but still very light. With my period being so late, I just attributed it to being really weird and wonky. I've been known to have super light periods over the years, but didn't think too much about it.

This morning there has been no question about having reached full flow! Happy birthday to me! If I go by this and consider full flow day one of my cycle, it's officially 25 days late and not 21. So crazy that I basically just skipped a full cycle.

Anywayyyyy, is it weird that I'm writing about all this? Probably. But there has to be other people that go through these things too, right? RIGHT? I question whether this is even worthy of writing about, but then I think about how so many of us did nothing BUT blog about our cycles for so many years while we trying to have our babies and going through infertility treatments. Now it's just onto a new stage...

In other news, today is my birthday!!! I am now 43 years old. It's really hard to fathom that being reality. But here I am, entering this next phase of life.

I haven't had a lot of things to feel good about myself recently. I'm 60 lbs overweight. I have very few clothes that fit, and those that do are tight. I am starting to get wrinkles around my eyes, and also have bags under my eyes. I have lots of sun spots, and have been dealing with acne. I never had acne when I was younger, but boy do I get it now! I struggle with being tolerant and patient with my kiddos and question if I am a good mommy daily.

But! I got a haircut on Monday and I love it! It feels so nice to have something to finally feel good about myself for. I've gone back and forth over the years of growing my hair out and then chopping it off, repeat, repeat, repeat. I think I'm done growing it out though. I'm tired of having long hair that I only EVER put in a messy bun because I can't stand it around my face and sitting on my neck. I think my new do is here to stay!

My new haircut 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new haircut!!! But I love you every stage you have ever been in and firm believer that you are way to hard on yourself! Your human but you are wonderful in every way!!!! BIG LOVE AND HUGS TO YOU ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY AND EVERY DAY!!! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great look for you! Happy the Birthday ( as Kate would say)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Amber! What a gorgeous photo to celebrate a special day : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new hair cut!! Happy birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday and I love the new haircut! It looks great on you!

    Obviously I do not know you in real life, but I think that you are doing a great job with your kids. Staying home (with twins!) is a tough job and everyone, absolutely everyone, is not always patient with our kids. That's okay. What I try to do is if I do yell or get short with Izzy, after I calm down I apologize and tell her that I am sorry and I will try to do a better job. It's okay if our kids know that we are not perfect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair!!!!! And girl, you are still so youthful! (boo on the period, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete