Friday, March 3, 2017

Right Now

Reading: Blogs when I have a chance, but unfortunately even that's been pretty slim lately. I would love to make more time to actually read books again (and catch up on my blog reading).

Watching: I was so sad that This is Us wasn't on this week! I'm on pins and needles for the next episode as soon as the first one ends. It kills me to wait a full week, and then it wasn't even on this week! Also, I have recently reintroduced Daniel Tiger. I've turned it on a few times over the past year and a half and they've never really gotten into it, but now they ask for it almost every morning! Do-Do-Do-Dora the Explorer is also starting to become a hit in our house.

Listening: I finally can play the entire Frozen soundtrack and not just the Let It Go song on repeat! I've pretty much got every song memorized :)

Drinking: Water. I'm trying to get in 100 oz per day, but I've only been getting about 64 oz. This used to be so easy for me! I don't know why I struggle to drink my water these days.

Eating: My favorite meal by far is a salad. I made some salsa chicken in the crockpot this week that I've been putting in my salads, which also include spinach, red pepper, grape tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese (my favorite!), and Italian dressing. I usually add a little brown rice or quinoa too, but forgot that part! I could eat these salads every lunch and dinner. If only salads weren't so time consuming to make...

Wearing: Jeans, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt from my softball coaching days.

Loving: Story time at the library! I started taking the kids again last week and it has been amazing. They have been amazing! Both of them are actually sitting and participating in what's going on in the class, instead of being the only two that run around the room and get into ev.er.y.thing. We've been twice now, and my heart bursts with pride watching them pay attention and engage in the activities. Also, my kids are SMART! Makes me feel proud that they know their shapes and colors and can shout out the answers to questions being asked.

Anticipating: The big semi annual consignment sale coming up in just a few weeks! I can't wait to see what bargains I can find and how much I make from selling all the clothes and toys the kids have grown out of.

Hoping: That warmer (and dryer) weather isn't too far away. I'm ready for 65 degree weather and blue sky. It actually snowed some last weekend. Not enough to stick around for long, but enough for the kids to want to go play outside while the giant flakes were coming down. And it's supposed to snow again this weekend too... I'm tired of feeling cold all the time. I'll be happy if we can just hit 50 degree weather consistently! lol

Just enough snow to make tiny snow balls to eat!

Following: I just read an article on Facebook last night about the new Beauty and the Beast movie coming out, about how it has the "first ever exclusively gay moment." I've been sucked into reading the comments that followed on that post.

Wondering: Will Ayden ever nap again??? He has gone this entire week without taking a nap. Rylee is also struggling to nap this week. PLEASE don't let this be the end of our napping era.

Trying: To exercise more. We had a break in rain the last few days and we were able to walk to story time at the library and to Community Playgroup this week. I'd love to be able to get out and walk on a more regular basis, but the forecast is calling for rain all of next week (with the exception of snow on Sunday!).

Worrying: About money, of course. We got ANOTHER almost $200 doctor bill this week. And Tony needs to have some dental work done that will cost us another $1301. Insane.

Planning: A trip to the southern Oregon coast next month! Tony will be running an open house at the Brookings office and the kids and I will be going with him. Yay! While he works, we'll be playing.

Contemplating: Doing a garage sale this spring. We've gotten rid of a lot of stuff over the past few years, down sizing our "crap" a little more with each move, but we've I've still got a lot more I can get rid of.


4 comments:

  1. I so love the posts like this! I learn so much! You sound like you are trying hard to be healthy and KUDOS to you for that! Every little step helps!! The trip to Brookings will be fun for all of you! I'm so glad that the library is working out for you! Best place as a rule for free entertainment! And YES, your kids are SMART!!!! Mommy and Daddy have worked towards that!! Hoping spring weather comes soon for you! If it would stay 65, I would be happy to see it happen too. After the winter we've had, a little concerned it's going to be HOT!! Maybe a wet, cool, long winter will roll over into a COOL summer!!! That would be my dream summer!!! ENJOY!!! Wishing you all the best with your consignment sale and garage sale!!! And wishing GOOD HEALTH!!! Love and hugs, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the end of naps. It's a harder transition for mums and dads than it is for the kids : ) Hope you all stay happy and well and get some gorgeous weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an efficient post to get caught up will everything you have going on! I'm dreading the end of napping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the water drinking I think it's harder because as a momma you are busy with the kiddos and drinking lots of water means lots of bathroom trips which I am sure you don't get to do alone! haha I am dreading the bill we will soon get from Bowen's ER visit last weekend..ugh.

    ReplyDelete