Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Right Now

My friend Risa at risakerslakewrites.com recently posted a "Right Now" post. She got the idea from another blogger, who also got the idea from another blogger. So... I'm stealing the idea from Risa, who stole it from someone else, who stole it from someone else. lol. I thought it would be kinda fun to do a post like this every once in awhile.

Right now I am:

Reading: only blogs, and even that's been pretty sporadic. I did actually read a book a real book a few weeks ago, but I also managed to prove why I can't do that right now. I stayed up till 4:00am reading that stupid book. I've always been like that. If I start a book, I. Must. Finish. It. So, reading blog posts here and there is all the reading I do, because they are short and I can be on my way when I need to be.

Watching: This is Us. I'm in LOVE with this show! I also currently watch Outdaughtered. And of course Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is a daily morning ritual.

Listening: "Let It Go music," as the kids call it. It's a daily request. And no, I can't just play the Frozen soundtrack. It has to be the actual Let It Go song, on repeat...

Drinking: Water and Cascade Ice sparkling water.

Eating: We had Annie's Shells and White Cheddar macaroni and cheese tonight for dinner. I was going to make a nice steak dinner, until I realized that I started the marinade too late. So now it's steak and potatoes tomorrow instead and it was simple mac and cheese tonight.

Wearing: Pj bottoms and a feeling lucky, Lucky Charms shirt.

Loving: The sunny weather we've had the last few days! It's been so nice to let the kids play outside again without freezing to death. It's still cold, but in the 40's at least!



Anticipating: We leave for Disneyland a week from today!

Hoping: That the kids sleep until at least 7:00 in the morning. Rylee usually does most days, and Ayden does sometimes, but usually he wakes up any time between 5:45 and 6:30. We had a busy day though, and he didn't take a nap, so fingers are crossed!

Following: It's kind of hard to avoid all of the political stuff right now. I was looking forward to the election being over so we could move on to more fluffy topics on Facebook and Instagram, but then came the inauguration. And then the next day was the Women's March. I realize it's important, but I'd really like everyone to just go back to being friends. I'm tired of the arguing.

Wondering: Will there ever come a point that parenting gets easier???? I thought the tough phases would ebb and flow a bit, but it kind of feels like we just go from one hard phase to the next. Don't get me wrong. There's lots of fantastic moments in there too, but not easy. I can't say there's been an easy phase yet.

Trying: To figure out when I'm actually going to sit down and write Ayden and Rylee's birthday post. It's been a month now...

Worrying: Always about money. Christmas and a 3rd birthday made things tight enough, but then we unexpectedly had to put four new tires on my car. I only went in to get a new battery, but ended up with over $1000 out of pocket instead. Then we've also been hit with close to $1000 in doctor bills this past month too. If I'd known it was going to cost me $200 when I went to the doc in October for my cough that wouldn't go away, I would have sucked it up and toughed it out. We also got a hefty bill for Rylee's eye appointment (that turned out to be unnecessary. Sigh.), and Tony's racked up a few doctor bills as well. Oy.

Planning: To really work on sticking to a budget so we can quit dipping into our savings account, which is supposed to be our down payment to buy a house.

Contemplating: Whether or not to let Ayden and Rylee spend the night at their grandparents next month. MIL has asked for that to happen. This would be their first overnight without at least one of us with them. I'm pretty sure we are ready to let that happen, but our biggest hesitation is that their house is not child proofed. We can't have one of them waking up in the middle of the night or early morning and having free reign in the house. Chemicals under the sinks; furniture not secured... We'll see.

15 comments:

  1. Every morning Izzy politely asks for me to put on the Frozen soundtrack as we drive to daycare. I know every single song from that soundtrack by heart now. At this point, I even sing the songs at work in my head.

    I'm thinking that age 3 is going to be a tough year and then maybe when Izzy hits age 4 it will get better? Of course then Wes will be almost 1.5 so we may have a few good months before he hits the 2s.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have the whole Frozen soundtrack and have listened to it quite a bit, but the last few weeks it's the one song and that's it! I really don't mind. At least it's a good song. Age 4 has to be easier, right???

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this post! My kids are 4 years apart and even with that I would read GOOD HOUSEKEEPING, cover to cover as it was easy to put it down when done with an article. Sometime when Danny was around 5, I got the WHOLE series of CENTENNIAL books which is like 30 and then add the HOLT series. I can remember lying on the couch reading, Uncle Clifford coming in and my saying "I'm almost done and then I will get something done again"!!!! And he could have cared less how I spent my day but I felt so guilt spending so much time reading!!!! I LOVE THIS IS US!!!! Can't wait for next Tues each week and going to be so disappointed when they stop for the season and have to wait for the next season!! Marinating steak longer only makes it better so you will have a fantastic steak dinner tonight that will melt in your mouth!!!! ENJOY!!! The phases I imagine are made harder and seem more constant having twins but I still believe that it will get easier and go into an easier flow as they get older. You two do a fantastic job parenting and they are so sweet, it will be good!!! Money problems are unfortunately a pain for most of us but don't ever not go to the doctor when you feel it's necessary as the "illness" could get worse and be a bigger problem. That's one place to err on the wrong side is better than putting it off. Money gets tight but somehow seem to always work out, just hard and I speak from experience! DO LET THE KIDS stay at the grandparents and trust that all will be good!! SPECIAL TIMES for grandparents and grandkids! And the break will be good for both of you!!! Let yourself relax and enjoy the break!! I LOVE YOU!! You are and have always been so special!!! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed so small of a reply in the box!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I like your long replies :) as for the doctor, it just sucks to be paying $200 to have been told I just had to ride it out. Oh well. It also stinks to get over a $500 bill for Rylee's pediatrician having a concern with her eyes, and it turn out to be absolutely nothing. Which I'm thankful for of course, but would have been nice not to go through that concern and the bill for nothing. Again, oh well.

      Delete
  3. I love This Is Us!!!! And mac and cheese sounds amazing right now. I'm so excited for your Disney trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously can't wait for every Tuesday night to roll around! And you really should try the Annie's white cheddar Mac and cheese. The kids love it, and so do I!

      Delete
  4. Good grief, let them go sleep with grandparents! We all survived not living in a child proof house! Stop being a paranoid parent already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did say that I'm pretty sure it's going to happen. It wouldn't be as big a deal if their bedroom wasn't on the opposite side of the house from where the kids would be sleeping. They won't be able to hear anything, so it does make us a little nervous. Otherwise I know they'll be totally fine!

      Delete
    2. Yikes! "We all survived" is never a good argument when it comes to safety. Really, what you mean is "We all got lucky and the guidelines are different now because many kids didn't get lucky."

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Tia! Those are my thoughts exactly.

      Delete
  5. Just finally watched the Christmas episode of ThisIsUS last night - gotta catch up on this month's episodes! THE BEST SHOW, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you caught up yet??? It really is the best show!!!

      Delete
  6. I wonder if it's harder for you with twins with the phases, because they don't hit them at the same time, so one is always in a crummy phase? My son is 4.5 now, and for the last maybe year and a half I'd say we have 3mo of awesomeness, 2mo of terribleness, 3mo of awesomeness, etc. Thankfully we're in an awesome phase right now. It would be hard with 2, since every kid is different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will be heading into the 3 month awesomeness phase soon, and we'll get really lucky and they'll both hit it at the same time! You are so right though, in that every kid is different. We'll take it as it comes, because overall, just getting to be their parents is pretty darn amazing all by itself.

      Delete