Wednesday, December 6, 2017

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

We have a new obsession in our house. Ayden has completely fallen in love with the story of the Grinch! I tried to read How the Grinch Stole Christmas to the kids last year, but they never really got into it. I think it was too long for them then. This year is a completely different story! They both sit and actually listen to the entire book. Ayden and Rylee both enjoy it, but Ayden is completely enthralled!

When it's his turn to pick a bedtime story, he picks the Grinch. He takes the book to bed with him every night, and he "reads" it during nap/quiet time. He falls asleep with it next to his pillow every day.




I've introduced the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie to them, the cartoon version. We have watched it on repeat. It might be my best find from the last consignment sale. It was one of my favorite Christmas specials on tv when I was a kid, so it's so fun that they are enjoying it too! When we were flipping through Netflix the other day, they saw the newer version with Jim Carrey and insisted on watching it. They even enjoyed that, despite it not being a cartoon!

Ironically, Ayden's Christmas stocking is the Grinch! My Aunt D made all of our stockings. Tony (his has reindeer) and mine (has a teddy bear) were made over 20 years ago. She made Ayden and Rylee's (her's is Hello Kitty) when they were born, so she would have had no idea how big the Grinch would become, but it's perfect. I bet we heard "my stocking is the Grinch one" a good 50 times (at least) over the weekend. It's so fun how excited he is about it!



There is nothing that compares to how amazing Christmas is through the eyes of your children. I have always loved Christmas. It by far has always been my favorite holiday, but I had no idea how much better it would get! Christmas really is magical with kids.

6 comments:

  1. What a CUTE story!!! Thanks for sharing this and so THRILLED that he loves his Grinch stocking!! Who knew?!!! I'm in love all over again though! Absolutely LOVE the pictures of him enjoying his favorite book. That just warms my heart!!! Such fun at your home and so THRILLED that you are all enjoying it together!!!! Special times!!! Love and hugs, Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to start getting some sleep!!! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I DO need to get more sleep! Lol

      Delete
  2. Jim Carrey is amazing, but nothing beats the original cartoon version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Izzy has seen the cartoon and liked it as well....but then again she has liked all of the Christmas movies she has seen so far (including Frosty the Snowman and the Peanuts Christmas movie).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete