Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Right Now: September Edition

Reading: We have finally moved past reading the Big Book of Big Dinosaurs every single night. It's still sneaks it's way back into our bedtime routine a few times a week, but that is much better than pretty much every single night for the past 4 months straight! For the past two weeks, we've had a nice variety to our bedtime stories. As for me personally, I have been able to do a fairly decent job of keeping up on my blog reading for the most part. I'm looking forward to being able to read a real book here soon, once I work my way through a few projects.

Watching: This is Us! Yay for the season premiere being last night!

Listening: I haven't been listening to a whole lot recently, but I did listen to the Jack Johnson station on Amazon Prime Music last week while I was cleaning and the kids were at school. It was so refreshing to turn up the music and listen to whatever I wanted for a change! I should do that more often...

Drinking: Water, but nearly enough.

Eating: Ummmm, I don't really want to tell you that I just ate some M&M's and pretzels. But it was really good. Just not for my waistline. Shoulder shrug and eye roll.

Wearing: Grey shorts and a black Central softball t-shirt from my coaching days.

Loving: Watching my kids play soccer! Tony and I are most definitely not soccer fans, but it has been so much fun watching our kiddos playing tot soccer. They LOVE it!



Anticipating: This weekend Tony and I will be celebrating our 20th (TWENTIETH!) wedding anniversary with our first weekend away, sans kids, since the kids have been born. We've had a few short overnighters, but not a full weekend! We are so excited! We are staying at the Inn at Spanish Head on the Oregon coast, somewhere I have always wanted to stay but never thought I'd actually get the opportunity. We are looking forward to being out late enough to watch the sunset on the beach, sleeping in as long as we want, eating at a restaurant without a million trips to the bathroom, and just doing whatever we want!

Hoping: To get rest of the house painted soon. That is my next project. Although, I do think it's going to be a pain only having 2.5 hours to do it every day while the kids are at preschool. I feel like I'll have just enough time to get it all set up, and only be able to paint for 2 seconds before I have to put it all away and go pick up the kids again. Exaggerating of course, but only a little. I'm hoping it will be a smoother process than I am anticipating.

Following: The most recent controversy about the NFL players taking a knee during the National Anthem. I'm keeping my opinion neutral, because I think both sides have very valid points. Unfortunately, I think most people have trouble really listening and trying to understand anyone else's viewpoints but their own.

Wondering: If my period is going to start and put a damper on celebrating our anniversary this weekend. I mean, what's a free weekend to ourselves, to celebrate and focus on just US, without a little hanky panky? I'm already 4 days late, so if I follow the trend from last month when I was 10 days late, we should be just fine. We can only hope.

Trying: To work on my patience. It's been lacking for a very long time, and I think my kids deserve better. More sleep would help.

Worrying: I was going to say nothing, because I'm really not worried about anything at the moment, but that's just not true. I think that being a parent causes one big giant pot of worry. As a mom, how can we not worry endlessly that we are going to screw up our kids?

Planning: I need to start thinking about what we are going to do for the kids' birthday this year. I was hoping to do it at our local fire station, but I called and left a message inquiring if that's something they do and they haven't called me back. I left that message about 6 weeks ago.... I need to try again. I have until December, but it would be nice to know if that's at least a possibility.

Contemplating: When I'm going to start painting this house! I've enjoyed just being able to relax a little bit the last few days, now that the consignment sale is over. I think I'll take the next few mornings to get the kids and I packed for the weekend, and then start working on it next week.







1 comment:

  1. Maybe Christmas books for the kids reading would get Ayden off his dinosaurs for a bit. I'm sure there's a Christmas dinosaur book for a change of pace!!!! I started reading Christmas books this month and I'm already on book 5! For some reason I fly through Christmas stories! LOVE THIS IS US and so happy it has started but GEE a week is a LONG time to wait for the next show!!! Inn at Spanish Head should be a great anniversary get away for both of you! I hope it's everything you envision and that you get the rest you need and feel invigorated enough to get that house painted next week!!! So enjoy these blogs! You take care, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY week-end to both of you and much love and hugs! Auntie

    ReplyDelete