Tuesday, September 5, 2017

50 Questions You've Never Been Asked




Risa, from risakerslakewrites.com, recently tagged me to participate in her own 50 Questions You've Never Been Asked post. I love these kind of get-to-know-you question and answer posts, so here you go!
01. What’s your favorite candle scent? I stopped burning candles once Ayden and Rylee were born. However, I used to be a candle lady at one time, and sold PartyLite candles (direct sales). My favorite scent was Creme Carmel. Mmmmmm.
02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister? Kristen Bell. I love her. She seems like a very down to earth person. She's quirky while also being beautiful and funny.



03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? Well, sticking with the Kristen Bell theme, I think I'll pick Dax Shepard. He's her husband, in case you didn't know. Wait a minute. That would be weird, because then they'd be siblings too.... I pick him because I watched Parenthood, a show I've seen every episode of.



04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? I was one month shy of turning 23.
05. Do you know a hoarder? Tony would tell you that I'm one. Or at least used to be. I've actually gotten rid of a LOT of stuff over the last few years. Moving 4 times in 2 years kind of forces a person to downsize. Actually, I got rid of a ton of stuff in preparation for the babies being born. That was the start of my purging.
06. Can you do the splits? That would be a firm no.
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike? I have absolutely no idea, but I did learn, so..... maybe I should ask my mom.
08. How many oceans have you swam in? Oh goodness. This is going to take some googling...

I have swam in two oceans, the Pacific and Atlantic. But I've also swam in the Caribbean Sea and the Sea of Cortez.
09. How many countries have you been to? Two, United States and Mexico
10. Is anyone in your family in the army? My dad was in the Army. My grandpa served in the Navy. I have a cousin that has recently enlisted, but I don't know which branch.
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one? Rylee Viola



12. What would you name your son if you had one? Ayden James. I had this named picked out for years.



13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test? Ohhhh, I failed a few here and there.
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? I loved watching Saturday morning cartoons at my grandparents house: Looney Tunes and Smurfs were favorites. I also loved Who's the Boss.
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8? Specifically when I was 8? Hahahaha! Someone thinks I have a good memory. I have no idea what I was when I was 8 years old, but I do remember dressing up as a witch once or twice.
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? I've read all the books in each of those series. I've seen all the movies too!
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? I already have an American accent, but I used to pretend I had a British accent!
18. Did your mother go to college? Not until I was in middle school. As a single parent, she went back to school and became a nurse.
19. Are your grandparents still married? They were married until my grandpa passed away several years ago.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons? No, but I used to pretend to be the Karate Kid. You know, that famous one legged crane kick...



21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is? Of course. Is there anyone who doesn't know Kermit the Frog?

22. What was the first amusement park you went to? Enchanted Forest, one of my favorite places as a child AND as an adult!
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in? Spanish. I took three years of French in high school, but the only thing I can remember is how to count to three and say yes. I actually know more Spanish words than French!
24. Do you spell the color grey or gray? I've always spelled it grey, and I've been so confused why there are two different options!
25. Is your father bald? I don't think so. 
26. Do you know any triplets? I used to work with a triplet, but never met her siblings. I know several triplets online in the infertility community, but haven't met any of them in person.
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook? I love both of the movies, but REALLY loved the book, The Notebook.
28. Have you ever had Indian food? I'm not sure.
29. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant? Anything Mexican, probably Ixtapa. 
30. Have you ever been to Nandos? I don't even know what that is!
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)? I spend way too much money at Costco.
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? I'm not sure what my name would have been if I was a boy, but my mom did almost name me Poppy LaRue. Thank God she didn't!
33. If you have a nickname, what is it? Mommy. When I was in high school and first started coaching (before getting married), they all called my Kass (pronounced Kazz). My maiden name was Kassner.
34. Who’s your favorite person in the world? Tough question. Probably Tony's grandpa. Ayden and Rylee are my favorite little people. Obviously.
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city? In the country for sure, but close enough to be able to drive into town.
36. Can you whistle? Yes.
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight? Only in the bathroom, for middle of the night potty trips.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning? Yes.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily? No.
40. What medical conditions do you have? Besides infertility? I'm currently very over weight. Sigh.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital? I've only ever stayed overnight in the hospital during the kids' birth, which was 6 days hospital bedrest after my water broke, and then 19 days while they were in the NICU. 
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Of course.
43. Where do you buy your jeans? The last pair I bought was from Costco a few years ago.
44. What’s the last compliment you got? The kids told me that dinner was delicious tonight. I made spaghetti. lol
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? Sometimes, but usually no.
46. What flavor of tea do you enjoy? Yuck. I don't like tea. Or coffee. What is wrong with me?
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own? Too many to count. Probably in the neighborhood of 15-20, mostly tennis shoes and flip flops.
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice? Christian - Non denominational.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real? I don't remember the moment I found out.
50. Why do you have a blog? When we were venturing into fertility treatments, I read a LOT of blogs. I was obsessed with learning as much as I could from others that were going through the same thing. One day I started writing about my own journey. 


**************************


Who I'm tagging to answer these questions next:

Amie at Is It Time Yet?

Jane at Mine to Command

Non Sequitur Chica at Non Sequitur Chica

Stacie at Life As I Know It

Kimberly at No Good Eggs

Amanda at Burnt Toast Life

And of course anyone else that would like to participate! I would love to read your 50 questions/answers. Click here for an easy way to copy and paste the questions. Hope you don't mind that I'm stealing your template Risa :)

Please comment and post the link to your post if you do choose to participate, so I can be sure to read your own answers and learn more about YOU! Even if you don't have a blog yet, what a great way to start one!

11 comments:

  1. Love your amswers! I posted these when I saw Risa's blog too : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy LaRue had me dying! I love it! I forgot I used to watch Who's The Boss all the time! And wait, so is your last name pronounced Kazz-ner??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, my maiden name was pronounced Kazz-ner!

      Delete
  3. Going to have to google Nandos as I have no idea what that is either! And I did not know about Poppy LaRue!! SERIOUSLY!!! Thank goodness that didn't happen! We are related as I don't drink tea or coffee either!! And the cousin enlisted...if you are thinking D, he's not going. This was fun and loved the pictures of the kids!! PS: You have/are doing a GREAT job of changing the past hoarding ways!!!:) Love and hugs, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hoarding days have changed for sure, and a lot of that I have to thank YOU for!

      Delete
    2. Your most welcome and it is still a work in progress!! November's accomplishment should be HUGE!!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yay! Can't wait to get a chance to read it!

      Delete
    2. I just realized you aren't on my blogroll anymore! I was wondering why I hand't been seeing any posts showing up on my feed. I'm so glad you commented here that you'd done this 50 questions post so I knew to go looking for it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Poppy! Just kidding. :-)

    Finally got around to filling my answers out after both you AND Risa tagged me....what can I say? Sept was rough.

    ReplyDelete