Monday, November 9, 2015

Microblog Monday: Fitbit Craze



I've joined the Fitbit bandwagon.  I'm so excited for my new toy and am hoping it will help me toward making a conscious effort to being more active.  If your not familiar with what a Fitbit is, it's basically a device that tracks your steps, daily mileage, calories burned, etc.  You can also link up with others in daily or weekly challenges to see who can log the most steps.  I haven't gotten there yet though.

I'm starting off by just seeing how many steps I do take on average.  So far I've learned that if we get outside the house and do something, it's no problem to reach 10,000 steps per day. However, if we spend a lazy day at home, I fall far short of the 10,000 step goal.  During the summer months, we went to the park or played outside here at home almost daily.  Having our twice weekly Community Playgroup will help on rainy days.  I'm just going to have to concentrate on being more active on those days we are stuck inside as well.


If you would like to learn more about #MicroblogMonday or read other posts, click here.



3 comments:

  1. So, is this Fitbit easy to program for yourself? I've seen it advertised on GMA and I guess I will have to google it now that you have it and check it out for myself! I hope it does what you need it to do for you!!! I think you are beautiful as is, always have been, but understand needing to stay healthy for your little ones and yourself!! Getting old is not easy but assume it helps if you are more fit. Never any guarantees in what the end of life has in store for us. I love you and wish you all the best!!! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's be Fitbit friends so we can push each other! Email me with the email address you used to sign up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best of luck with this, awesome to have a goal! Lots of people at my work have these and they love them. I'm afraid at this point I would be totally embarrassed to see how many steps I DON'T take!

    ReplyDelete