Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Our First Walk

Today the babies and I went for our first walk together.  I've been wanting to do this, but it takes so much work to get them ready that I kept being lazy and putting it off.  Today was too nice a day to stay home though!  So I loaded them up and off we went.

I decided that I was going to time how long it took to walk from our front door to the softball field with the stroller.  Games start next week, and I want to be able to walk to the games with the babies.  Of course, I suppose it doesn't really matter how much time the walk itself takes.  It's all going to depend on how quickly the babies let us get out of the house!

It took 16 minutes to get from our house to the field




It's supposed to be another beautiful day tomorrow, so I think we will do this again.  Actually, I'd really like to get out and walk every day, weather permitting.  My team got into the Hood to Coast relay again this year, and I really, really need to start training for it.  This is a 199 mile relay starting from Mt. Hood and ending at Seaside, Oregon.  I figure if I can start at least walking with the babies on an almost daily basis, and if I can get out and run on the weekends when Tony can take over with the babies, then I will at least be on my way in the training department.  I really want to invest in a jogging stroller, but I know they aren't big enough to sit in one of those yet, so I haven't been in a big hurry to research them yet.  (Besides the fact that we really can't afford one right now)  Any suggestions for a good jogging stroller?

20 comments:

  1. Ahhh they're the cutest! Love their shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my they so cute in the stroller!!! So glad to hear you were able to get outside with them I'm sure it felt great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! So glad you're able to go to some of your girls' games. I'm sure it'll be a little tough to watch, but I bet those sweet babies will make it easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw so cute with their little sunglasses! Looks like an awesome sunny walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love their sunglasses! What a beautiful day for a walk :)

    We got a BOB stroller - that's definitely one of the best brand names. We got ours second hand for half the price of what the new ones sell for. We washed it up and it looks perfect! My friend has a bumbleride and that's great too. If you are okay with buying second hand, I'm sure you could find some great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! They are SO adorable and I LOVE their shades! I'm glad you were able to get out and walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for getting out and having the Hood to Coast on your agenda! That will be so much fun! With regards to the stroller, I have a BOB single and love it (and so have the kids) and have heard great things about the double. I second the recommendation to go secondhand. I've seen lots of BOBs on Craigslist in our area and it seems like most people use them for around town and not for putting lots of running miles on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. their first walk! this is exciting! the real question is, how long did it take you to get them ready and how long did they enjoy the walk!? They look adorable in their shades!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, since I first heard about the first walk, which I am thrilled for all of you and how adorable!, I have wondered - 16 minutes to walk from home to the field, but how long did it take to get yourselves ready to take that first step out? You have your hands full there with 2 and I am so thrilled to know that you and T realize how important it is to keep time for yourselves! Congrats on doing your Hood to Coast relay!!! Have fun getting ready for it!!! Love and hugs! Auntie
    PS: Just read the other bloggers replies and realized Kimberly wondered the same thing! Inquiring minds want to know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you were able to get out and enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes me want to go out and buy baby sunglasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for getting outside! They look adorable with their sunglasses. I hope you'll be able to take sunshine walks with your babies every day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man I love them in their sunglasses- they are adorable!! I'm jealous that you are out and walking- we just got more snow last night and this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look adorable in their sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are much too cute! Love the shades.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOD THE SUNGLASSES....I can't even....words....squeeeeeeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeeee! Adorable babies! And did you say 199 miles?????

    ReplyDelete
  18. Way to go getting out for a walk! I'm impressed! It took me ages to get out with my boys. :) Hope this trek was the start of many amazing adventures!

    They both are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete