Monday, November 26, 2018

Microblog Monday: Interview



This Wednesday is my interview for my old coaching job. Tony and I have been talking about potential interview questions. Even though I feel extremely confident in my ability to resume the head coaching position, it's been 5 years since I resigned just before the kids were born. It's also been 13 years since I've been to a job interview. Ironically, that interview 13 years ago was for this very job!

I was involved in this softball program for 19 years, with the last 8 of those years being the Head Coach. It feels so awkward to interview for "my" job. My brother-in-law asked me what I'd do if they tell me they don't think I'm qualified enough. That's not something they can tell me. In my years as the Head Coach, I took the team to the State Playoffs every single year, won several league titles, and brought home the only softball State Championship in school history. I earned Coach of the Year at the local and state level numerous times, and coached our summer program to the National level 3 years in a row. They most definitely can't say I'm not qualified enough. What they CAN say is that they'd like to go in a different direction.

Time will tell! We'll find out after Wednesday. Wish me luck!




If you'd like to read more #MicroblogMonday posts from other bloggers, please click here.



5 comments:

  1. Good luck! You have great experience, and have proved yourself both inside and outside work as an amazing and resilient person. Thinking of you and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen said it best!! No other words necessary & so just wishing you luck & peace of mind in your decision making!!! Love & hugs, Aunt D Now go & just enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck - I hope it went wonderfully! Sounds like you are a fantastic choice for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late to this. I hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete