Friday, November 9, 2018

Friday Five

- ONE -

I had expected to get a call by the end of the week to schedule an interview for the coaching job, but here it is 4:00 on Friday and I still haven't gotten the phone call. Based on my phone call with the AD, he had anticipated closing the application window today and doing interviews next week. I hate being in the dark as to where they are at in the process. Have I not gotten a phone call because they don't have enough applicants yet? But really, if they plan on offering me the job and are just going through the motions so everything is on the up and up, does it matter if they don't have many applicants? But then, I've also told Tony that I hope they aren't putting all their eggs in one basket, expecting me to take the job, because I'm not sure I will be able to! It's so confusing.

-TWO-

I have the kids' birthday party planned! Well, not completely planned with all the details, but we are on the books to do their party at the local fire station! I am so relieved to finally know where we will be doing their party. I left a message last week with the Captain at the fire station, and he was supposed to call me back on Monday. I still hadn't heard back from him, so today I tried calling again. I'm so glad I did! I had been getting nervous that we were maybe cutting it close to being able to reserve the Bounce House. So happy this is now taken care of, just need to plan the details now!

-THREE-

I took the kids to the library on Tuesday. They each get to check out two books each time we go. We came home and read all four books right away. We usually end up reading the favorites a couple more times over the next few weeks, until we have to return them. Yesterday morning, Rylee settled on the couch with her baby doll and one of the library books. Rylee covered the baby with her special blanket and proceeded to "read" to her baby. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen!



-FOUR-

I am loving the weather we are having this week! It's starting to get cold, but we've had gorgeous blue skies. We have been taking advantage of it with trips to the park. I know these beautiful days will be coming to a screeching halt soon, and we'll be digging out the rainbows instead.




-FIVE-

I was looking online at swimsuits for the kids in preparation for our upcoming trip to Mexico in January. Is it just me or is this swimsuit completely inappropriate for a 4 year old? I'm sorry, but I want my little girl to look like a little girl! My plan is to rock the tankinis (much easier for bathroom breaks!) for as long as possible. Maybe I'm just a prude, lol. What do you think?


6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am with you on the swimsuit!!!! There's got to be something better out there!!! Change is hard enough without everything being up in the air & feeling like you are in the dark!! I sure hope you hear something about the coaching job, can ask your questions & make the best decision for you & your family with no doubt in your mind! Great pictures from the park!!! But those pig tails on Rylee, LOVE THEM!!! Adorable children!! Enjoy each & every moment & good luck with the final plans on your party & the coaching job!!! Love & hugs, Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you know how much I like change! I've never had an easy time with things changing in my life, although you'd never know it with as much as we've moved the last few years!

      Delete
  2. Yikes! Not kid appropriate at all. I hear ya on the coaching thing, my husband coached many years of high school softball and baseball - many hours spent prepping the field. Ridiculous that one parent brought that up as an issue and now everyone suffers .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooo many extra hours working on the field! And yeah, I agree that it's ridiculous that one parent can cause an entire rule to be put into affect.

      Delete
  3. I don’t think that swimsuit is appropriate for an adult!!! Let alone a 5 year old! It amazes me that they think a little triangle over young lady parts is ok. That a big fat no for me! Tankinis are amazing for littles and going potty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? Kind of appalling that swimsuit was made for little girls.

      Delete