Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Right Now: February Edition

Reading: See Me by Nicholas Sparks. He's always been one of my favorite authors. I love the movie versions too, but the books are always a million times better.

Watching: Still watching This Is Us. So happy it was on again last night, but sad there is only two more episodes left in this season.

Listening: The heater that just kicked on. Thank goodness, because I'm cold! As for anything else, I haven't listened to a whole lot lately. Occasionally I turn on Sing-a-Long songs for kids on Amazon Prime, when the kids request it.

Drinking: Mostly water. I've been doing better with my water consumption lately. I did buy some Cascade Ice sparkling water when I went grocery shopping last weekend. That's been a little treat to have something more bubbly.

Eating: Ummm, I just ate a bowl of Tillamook Mudslide ice cream. Don't judge. It's been a hard couple of weeks around here.

Wearing: Black leggings, a blue Finders record store t-shirt (I have a friend in Ohio who works there), and a grey zip up hooded sweatshirt. I'm all about being comfortable today.

Loving: These two. As much as they drive me crazy (endlessly some days), I feel eternally grateful and blessed that I get to be their mommy.





Anticipating: Our one-on-one dates we have planned for this weekend! Tony is taking Ayden to big Dinosaur Quest event and I am taking Rylee to a Princess for a Day event. We all originally were going to do the dinosaur thing and skip the princess one, but then I discovered both events were happening on the very same day and the cost comes out to be pretty much the same. We thought it would be a great opportunity to spend quality one-on-one time with the kids.

Hoping: That everyone is healthy and we actually get to even go to our fun activities this weekend. Ayden has been doing so much better since his pneumonia diagnosis, but this morning he vomited within a half hour of waking up. No fever, no loss of appetite, and no repeat puke, but still. The swab they did on Ayden last week at the doctor also came back positive for RSV, which I'm positive Rylee also has. She has been fever free since Sunday night, but her cough is worse than ever and she's been a little fatigued. I debated taking them both into the doctor today, but the advice nurse still hasn't called me back from this morning, so that's not going to happen. They NEED to be better for this weekend!

Following: The controversy over gun control/keeping our kids safe.

Wondering: If I'm going to have time to get all my stuff ready for the consignment sale coming up next week. With the kids being so sick lately, I am losing the 2.5 hours of free time I normally would have while they are in school. They've only been to three days of school in the last two weeks. I foresee a lot of late nights coming up.

Trying: To keep things sanitized around our house so we can stop this cycle of sickness.

Worrying: Someone posted on our local community Facebook page today about a Kindergarten information night coming up. It made my chest tighten at the thought that this time next year, WE will be the ones going to this info night! First, it boggles my mind (in a giddy sort of way) that WE actually have kids to send to school. However, in light of all the school shootings that take place in our country, this also terrifies me! I also can't help but worry about how they will do in school. Will they be bullied? Will they be bullies themselves? I hope not, but really, you never know. Will they be leaders? Will they be good students? Will they make good choices? It's impossible not to worry as a parent.

Planning: I need to find a local 5k to sign up for this spring, and then another race for during the summer, in prep for running Hood to Coast in August.

Contemplating: Whether I'm going to start working next year or not, which would mean sending the kids to all day preschool. I still have that pesky resume looming over me that I need to write. Tony is adamant that I start working again when the kids start kindergarten, which I really do need to do, for obvious financial reasons. My hope is to get a job within the school district so I can be on the same schedule as the kids. I think it will be easier for me to work my way into a full time position if I start my job search next school year instead of waiting until the following year.

9 comments:

  1. Well you have finished Lisa's book!!! YEAH!! I hope you loved it. Life does have so many worries in it. Got told the other day to let future worries go!! Easier said than done sometimes but still good advice. Sure hope everyone is well for this fun week-end ahead! And LOVING THIS IS US back on & equally sad that there are only 2 more episodes. Stay healthy, stay warm, stay happy!!! Love & hugs, Aunt D PS: You do have the cutest kids!!! I have the cutest twin niece & nephew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, just about every time I write these Right Now posts, I have to search my brain to think of something I’m worried about! Lol! That said, I always come up with something and roll with it, but it’s not something I spend a crazy amount of time worrying about. I think having a little bit of “worry” is a good thing. It means we care. Just can’t let it get the best of us :)

      Delete
    2. My thoughts exactly!!!! Love you!

      Delete
  2. There's no judging here when it comes to ice cream! And yes, the books are always better! Hope you guys had fun on your dates! They take such great pictures now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One on one dates aren't till Sunday, but the kids are feeling much better, so yayyyyy! As for picture taking, they recently have started letting me take pictures again! They've even requested having their pictures taken a few times. Wow!

      Delete
  3. I drink chocolate almond milk on ice and that helps with the ice cream cravings. I have dropped 40lbs over the last year going low carb.
    As far as school shootings go, your kids are in more danger just being in the car. Like I tell my teenagers, don't stress about what may happen. Live your life and be happy. Life is just too short to stress about what could happen. Turn around twice and your kids will be looking at colleges like mine. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job on your weight loss! That's fantastic! As for the other, I don't tend to spend a lot of time stressing, but I think that it's pretty impossible as a mom not to worry about your kids at least a little bit.

      Delete
  4. Agreed the Nicholas Sparks books are way better than the movies!! I seriously need to jump on the 'This is Us' bandwagon, it sounds so good! But ya know, kids shows are all I get to watch these days. I hope you all were able to do the one-on dates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get to do our one-on-one dates and it was amazing! I finally just finished my blog post about it. And YES! You really do need to watch This Is Us! It's on Hulu if you have it!

      Delete