Thursday, February 7, 2019

2019 Goals

Time to buckle down and put my 2019 goals into writing. I have never been one for New Years Resolutions, but I do enjoy setting goals and having something to work toward. Last year I was inspired to set yearly goals after reading posts from a few of my blogging friends about their goals and end-of-the-year reviews. I have some things I'd like to accomplish this year as well, so I'm going to put it down in writing, so I'll have some accountability behind my goals.


  1. Run in four races. I'm already committed to running the Hood to Coast again this year, now I just need to find a few races to participate in before that, to help motivate me and keep me on track training for the big event. I'd also like to do one in the Fall after H2C. I'm looking forward to us having longer days and me being able to run again at night after the kids go to bed.
  2. Lose 25 lbs. Really, I need to lose more than that. And all I REALLY want is to feel better in my own skin and have my clothes fit more comfortably.
  3. Self care. I need to find a new gynecologist and make an appointment to discuss my perimenopause. I've needed to do this for over a year now, but moving keeps getting in the way and I have procrastinated on it. I also need to visit my regular doctor for a general physical, and get my eyes checked because I have no doubt I need glasses. I actually DO already have an appointment scheduled to get my eyes checked, so that's one step in the right direction!
  4. Mail birthday cards to all my nieces and nephews. I set this as a goal last year and it was a big fat fail. I know my own kids LOVE to get mail. Who am I kidding, so do I! So this is something that I really want to do for all the other important littles in my life.
  5. Send a love note once a month to a family member and/or friend. I recently read a blog post about sending little love notes to people so they know how special they are to you. I'll pick a different person each month and send them a random surprise note in the mail.
  6. Put together a resume and find a job. I did do a resume and got my old coaching job back, but now I need to put more of a professional resume together and need to find a "real" job. With the kids starting kindergarten in the Fall, I am desperately hoping I can find a support staff job within the school district. It's very, very important to Tony that I get back to work so that the financial burden isn't solely on his shoulders anymore.
  7. Finish painting the kitchen and dining room, and also get the hallway painted. Bonus points if I can also get our bathroom painted. So. Much. Painting. I also need to paint all the trim.
  8. Finish unpacking and organize the garage. We can barely walk through our garage right now because I have all the Christmas totes down (waiting for the Christmas decorations to be put away), boxes yet to be unpacked, and our old couch and love seat are out there. We got a new sectional couch about a month ago, and need to figure out what to do with the old ones! If the weather were nicer, I'd put them at the curb and mark them FREE.
  9. Read five books. I managed to read a book while on vacation, so I'm 1/5 of the way done already!
  10. Make the State Playoffs in softball. Each of my previous 8 years as the Head Coach, we made it to the playoffs. In my 9 years as assistant coach before that, there was only one season we didn't make it into the post season. This team for sure has the talent to do it again. I feel a lot of pressure to coach our team to another successful season. I'm not just picking up where I left off. It's been 5 years. These girls have never played for me and have their own expectations. I hope they can buy into my coaching philosophies. You never know how things will go with teenage girls.
  11. Have a family adventure once per month, May-September. Last year my goal was to go hiking, but we only managed to do it twice because moving and Tony's gout flare ups got in the way. I think planning special family outings will be much more achievable.

11 comments:

  1. You have some very good goals there to strive for! I wish you well & have no doubt that you won't accomplish most if not all of them. Just don't stress about what doesn't get done, do the best you can as you always do!! LOVE the ones regarding sending mail out!!! & always good goals towards good health! You have to take care of yourself for you & for your family!! We all need you around for a long time!!!! Love & hugs, Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you mean that you have no doubt I WILL accomplish most of my goals? Haha! And maybe you'll get one of those special love notes (wink, wink).

      Delete
    2. I guess I should have read my message several times & caught that grammar mistake as YES I DO have no doubt that you WILL accomplish most of your goals & probably all of those goals!!! You've already got a good start. You know that I would LOVE one of those special love notes as will everyone that is lucky enough to receive one!!!! That's a REALLY beautiful goal in my opinion!

      Delete
  2. Love this list! Which one are you most excited about? And how many nieces and nephews do you have?

    I only have four so it’s not too hard to sort out birthday cards. I love going to my favourite stationary store and choosing a big stack of beautiful cards, then when I realise it’s time to send one I have them to hand : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I'm having a hard time picking which one I'm most excited about! All of them are important to me, but I suppose the one that will give me the most personal satisfaction is having a successful softball season. It's the one I am the most excited (and anxious) about. But feeling better about myself is also huge, so accomplishing those races and losing some weight will also be exciting. The love notes and birthday cards will be fun, and I always look forward and love our family adventures!

      Delete
  3. I really like #5 and may do it myself. Good luck with #10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! We can never go wrong by helping others to feel loved. :)

      Delete
  4. I really like the idea of #5 and wish I had implemented something like this sooner. My aunt passed away in January and I kept putting off getting in touch with her. I feel so darned guilty for allowing this to happen so I have it in my mind to make a better effort with my remaining family members and this seems like a really good idea. I think to make things easier to remember would be to purchase cards ahead of time with stamps and just send them out. I also plan on putting a reminder on my phone to send them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry about your aunt passing away. It's an unfortunate reminder of how fragile life is and how important it is to let our loved ones know how much they mean to us. I think purchasing cards ahead of time, and setting reminders to mail them is a great idea! I need to do that.

      Delete
  5. I love your goals, especially the adventure one at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete