Sunday, September 2, 2018

Kid Funnies

Kids really do say the darnedest things! And I rarely remember to actually document them. Actually, in the moment I always think to myself how I need to remember what they just said or did, and then it never ceases to somehow disappear from my brain. There's a few recent kid funnies that I do remember...

While living at Grandpa M's, we had the BEST neighbor that lived on the other side of our duplex. She's someone I've known for a long time, as she is a friend of the in-laws. The kids frequently commented at how nice Miss Yvonne is. The kids and I went over to say goodbye to Miss Yvonne one day after loading our car full of stuff to move to the new house. As we were saying our goodbyes, Miss Yvonne said, "well, we'll have to catch up sometime...." Rylee interrupted by saying, "Oh! I don't like ketchup!" She went on to explain how ketchup really wasn't very good. Miss Yvonne about fell over from laughing so hard at the misunderstanding!

Rylee has an obsession with spraying her hair with water with a water bottle, or just wetting her hair down at the sink. Insert eye roll. Don't get me started on how tired I am of the bathroom counters and floor always being soaked. Yesterday I was in the bedroom, on the phone with the door closed, trying to get an issue resolved with our internet provider. Rylee came in, asking if she could spray her hair and I told her no. She was mad and went out to complain to her daddy and Ayden. Her very thoughtful brother told her he could spit on her hair if she wanted. Bahahahaha!! Rylee didn't appreciate the humor as much as everyone else did.

Last week I took the kids grocery shopping. Rylee is still small enough to sit in the shopping cart seat, and Ayden sits in the basket. As we were walking around getting all the things we needed, Rylee LOUDLY (the girl does not have a quiet voice at all!) shared that she just farted. And not just once! She repeated it a few times, thinking it was hilarious that she farted on the shopping cart seat. I tried to get her to be quiet, and ended up putting my hand over her mouth because she kept saying it so loud! I looked over my shoulder to see who all heard, and a guy right behind me (trying not to die laughing) said, "it's okay. I do it too sometimes."

That same day as the shopping incident, the kids were riding their bikes out in front of our house. A neighbor that was driving by stopped to introduce herself. While chatting, Rylee proudly announced that she "pees her pants a LOT." Unfortunately, this has been an issue for the last few months. Thankfully, the neighbor was amused, and told Rylee that maybe she needed to use the toilet a little more.

Someone told me recently that I need to remember/document the funny, embarrassing moments so that when the kids are teenagers and embarrassed by us parents, we can remind them of all the times they embarrassed us! They do make for some great stories to tell down the road.


3 comments:

  1. What a pleasant surprise to find another post!!! I just by chance stopped thinking "it's Monday & short blog day" only to find that you did this hilarious post last night!!!! I LOVED each & every one of these stories but the one that made me laugh out loud was Ayden being so kind to offer to spit on Rylee's hair!!!! I can so visualize this happening!!! Thank you so much for sharing these humorous stories!! They are going to get so much joy from this in the future!! Love & hugs & a wish for more blogs like this!!!:) Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the matter-of-factness of kids. These are hysterical! I can't relate so much to these because Olivia is the same way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooooo matter of fact! Sometimes embarrassing, almost always funny. Haha!

      Delete