Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Spoke Too Soon

Whelp, everyone arrived safely home on Sunday, but it turns out that not everyone was necessarily sound. Ayden woke up yesterday morning saying that he didn't feel good, but he didn't have a fever or any other symptoms so I brushed it off. Although, he didn't eat much breakfast, which is pretty unusual. Both kids ate a good lunch and were in good spirits going down for nap. Ayden woke up from his nap feeling puny and cranky, but it didn't take long before he was back to his normal self. So again, I figured he had just needed a little extra time to wake up from his nap, which isn't really out of the norm.

Around the time I wrote my post yesterday saying that we were all safe and sound, I started feeling a little puny. I thought I was just tired, but by that evening I felt very lethargic and nauseous. I felt downright awful! I mustered up enough energy to sit on the floor and help the kids with a few puzzles, and then crawled back over to the couch to lay down again. I forced myself to get up and make them some dinosaur oatmeal for dinner, because it's super easy and I know it's something they both would eat.

Wrong! Ayden refused to even take a single bite! So unusual, because he would normally eat it every single meal if we'd let him. Rylee at about half of it, which is pretty typical for any meal with her. Regardless of not eating much, they both were full of energy and wanting to play, play, play. I felt bad because all I wanted to do was go to sleep.

When Tony got home, he took care of the bedtime routine and put the kids to bed. I went to bed myself and was asleep by 7:45pm. I woke up a few hours later and forced myself to eat a few bites of honeydew and drink some water. I'd barely eaten anything all day, nothing since that morning around 10:00.

Then I went back to bed, only to be woken up by Rylee at 12:30 in the morning after she had puked allllllll over herself and her bed. Ugh. The one that had been perfectly fine all day was the one that ended up puking! Even after just puking in the middle of the night, she was wide awake and acting just fine! She insisted on helping me make her bed. All I wanted to do was get it taken care of quickly so we could all go back to sleep again, but I let her help me anyway.

It seems that this is at least a fairly short lived bug. None of us has gotten a fever and everyone seems to feel a bit better today. They both ate a really good breakfast this morning. But then Ayden didn't eat a single bite of his requested pb&j sandwich at lunch, which is highly unusual. Rylee asked for chicken noodle soup. She ate a few bites of it and that was it, but again, she does that all the time so it's hard to tell if that means something or not with her. I don't have much of an appetite myself, but at least feel a little bit better. Fingers crossed that we will all be back to our regular routine tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sure sorry to hear it's really awful there for all of you. I knew some of this but sounds worse in this blog. Sure hope being 24 hours later that I am reading this that everyone has bounced back & ready to enjoy the land of the living again! Never fun to be sick or even just feeling puny! Be well & sending oodles of love & hugs & feel better wishes! Love, Aunt D

    ReplyDelete