Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Right Now: December Edition

Reading: I'm stilllllll working on my book from the library, Unbroken: a World War II story of survival, resilience, and redemption by Laura Hillenbrand. I'm not giving the book the endorsement it deserves, since I've been working on reading it for 3 months now. It is definitely a great story. I just get distracted by the million other things I have on my plate. I have till the 26th of this month to finish it! I can't renew it anymore after then.

Watching: This is Us is done until after the holidays. I'm not sure if New Amsterdam is also on a break. And I've been watching A Million Little Things. I've been enjoying Million Little Things, but I was disappointed with the previews for this week. "I had sex with Ashley because I love you." Ugh. Gag. Their storyline is my favorite in the show, but major eye roll and loss of respect at that. 

Listening: Currently listening to the rain hit the window and the washing machine going through the spin cycle. On a more enjoyable note, we've been listening and singing a lot of Christmas tunes lately.

Drinking: Water, although not enough, which seems to be a recurring theme. Also been drinking Cascade Ice sparkling Water in Lemonade and Wild Berry flavor.

Eating: Ironically, the EXACT same thing as last month when I wrote November's Right Now post! I just ate a Zone Perfect bar and am making Broccoli Cheddar Soup for dinner!

Wearing: Black capri leggings and a royal blue t-shirt. Very simple, comfortable, and easy. Maybe not the most attractive.

Loving: The kid's excitement for our Elf on the Shelf, Mac & Cheese. I love the excitement, but not so much the early wake ups every day since our elf arrived! Ayden has woken up before 6:00 am every day. I - Am - So - Tired. Worth it to see how happy they are every day to check the advent calendar to see what Mac & Cheese might have brought them, and then be so tickled when they find his new hiding spot every day.

Ayden said, "Mom, look! He's has plungers (little suction cups)  on his feet!" Hahaha



They embraced the 3 good deeds challenge so much better than I thought they would! We emphasized their good deeds to be something nice for others that would make them feel special.

Their good deeds were:

  1. Painted pictures for some neighbors and Aunt D. Unfortunately the neighbors weren't home when we went to deliver them, and we still need to try again. They loved putting the mail to Aunt D in the mailbox all by themselves though.
  2. When we went to the library, they made it a special point to say hi to everyone and tell them to have a great day. When it was time to leave and we were half way to our car, they realized they forgot to tell the librarians to have a great day and insisted on going back inside. Of course I couldn't tell them no! So back inside we went, and they made all the librarians smile. Fist bumps were also exchanged!
  3. They wrote thank you letters to their grandparents for the early birthday presents.



Swinging in Ayden's bedroom

They've also recently discovered the cartoon Tom and Jerry. I am loving and getting a real kick out of listening to their giggles while watching the show. It's impossible not to laugh right along with them when they think it's so funny!

Anticipating: Softball season! I was offered the Head Coaching job and accepted the position last week. I'm looking forward to having something to focus on outside of keeping our house functioning and taking care of my family. Of course that is the single most important job, but it will be so nice to have a small part of the old me back again.

Hoping: That our stomach virus has finally departed our house! We had round two make an appearance on Saturday, but thankfully it was short lived and round two only hit Ayden instead of all of us! Fingers crossed that is actually true. I somehow managed to escape all of it, thank goodness!

Following: Hmmmm... All the info regarding Rylee's Nutcracker performance. It's a pretty big production and there's been a ton of info sent out over the last few weeks. 

Wondering: Who my assistant coaches will be for softball. I have two possibilities, but both of them applied for the Head Coaching position, which I got, so I have no idea if they will have any interest in being volunteer coaches. I'm working on getting at least a small stipend for assistants, but athletic budgets tend to be pretty small at the public school level, so we will see.

Trying: To get more sleep!!!! If only the kids would stop waking up so dang early. Oh, and I guess I could try to get to bed a bit earlier at night as well.

Worrying: About how I'm going to juggle being a mom and coaching softball. I know we will find our new routine eventually, but it's going to be a challenge. Ayden currently goes to karate twice/week, but we are going to have to drop the weekday class, unless MIL will maybe be able to help out with that. I'm not sure her own work schedule will allow for that time commitment for 3 months though. The in-laws are out of town for another week+ so I'm not able to ask about that yet. Also, we'd love for the kids to play t-ball this spring. I have no idea how we will be able to manage that between Tony's work schedule and my coaching schedule. Kind of ironic that as a result of me coaching softball, that my own kids may not be able to play the sport themselves. Time will tell how that all pans out.

Planning: A 5th birthday party! It's going to be at our local fire station. The kids will all get fire hats and badges from the firemen, get a tour of the station, including the locker room, and possibly get rides in a fire truck. We are also making plans for their actual birthday. We are tentatively planning to go to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) and to the Oregon ZooLights.

Contemplating: Going to bed. I started this post around 2:00 this afternoon, and I am finally now getting it done! Good night, all!

3 comments:

  1. I so love reading these even when I pretty much am in the loop!! The Oregon Zoolights would be so cool to go see!!! That would be a birthday highlight for me!!! But they are going to have a fantastic birthday week-end!!! Loads of fun always at your home! Wishing you all the best in working out all the kinks going back to work & still being Mom & wife!!! It will be a challenge that I know you are up to & I hope that you ENJOY!!!!!! Love & hugs, Aunt D PS: I hope you finish that book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How great that you got the job, still being the best applicant 5 years on. The scheduling will be an adjustment but I know you will make it work. Hope it brings you joy and fulfilment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broccoli cheddar soup!! Now I'm totally craving that. And I love how they love watching Tom and Jerry. Congrats again on your job! You're going to be amazing at it and I'm so glad you have something you love that you get paid for. ;) I feel you on the early wakeups. Olivia is killing me lately with them. And a 5th birthday party???? Gah. How did they get to be that old??

    ReplyDelete