Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Consignment Sale

I just finished participating in my 6th consignment sale! It's one of my favorite things to do because it's something for ME! It's kind of funny to think of it as something I get to do for myself when it's all about buying and selling kids stuff, but it's something that I enjoy. I love being able to sell so much of the clothes and toys that the kids have grown out of, and then being able to shop with no guilt because I always manage to earn more than I spend.

This year I spent $166, but made $330. I think I spent more this year than I ever have, which is kind of funny because the kids really didn't need much. I always look for great deals on barely worn shoes, Disney movies, and I was on a mission to find snow suits for them both and snow boots for Ayden. Other than that, it was all about just finding fun stuff that I couldn't turn down. Even though I found myself spending more this year, I still managed to come in $164 ahead! Woo hoo!

Here's another stat I think is pretty awesome - I managed to sell 90% of the stuff I took. It's probably weird, but I enjoy the game of trying to figure out what to price things at in order for it to sell. I think I did pretty good!

Not only do I enjoy the shopping and selling aspect of the sale, but I enjoy volunteering at it as well. This time around, I was able to work three shifts. Boy did I get my steps in on those days! I worked one shift during the pre-sale (early shopping for the consigners and volunteers) and got almost 20,000 steps in that day! On Saturday, I worked two back to back shifts and was on my feet for almost an entire 8 hours straight. I got 18,609 steps in that day. It's a lot of work, but I enjoy the adult interaction and having a job to do, even if only for a brief time, outside the home.

 Here are the goodies I came home with this year:


  • I found each of them a pair of black dress shoes
  • A pair of snow boots for Ayden
  • M-Select Merrell Shoes for Rylee. I spent $10 on these, but they are spendy shoes regularly and totally worth it for a pair of barely used waterproof shoes that will be great for going on hikes!
  • I am totally excited about finding them each a pair of cleats! I got a pair of baseball cleats for Ayden that we'll also use for soccer, and a pair of soccer cleats for Rylee! I got them a little big, but they should fit and maybe they will be able to wear them next year too!





  • Several movies: The Good Dinosaur, which we have already watched and the kids LOVE, Planes Fire & Rescue and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (which will both be put up to go in their Christmas stockings), and a set of Christmas TV favorites which includes 8 different TV movies!
  • The two Planes from the Disney Planes movie that still haven't been given yet (see previous post)
  • Two toy horses for Rylee, which I'm also still waiting to surprise her with
  • A scoop tractor for the kids to play outside with and that will be perfect for when we go to a sand park that's not too far from our house
  • A Green Toys airplane to give Ayden for Christmas



  • I did manage to find snow bibs for each of the kids



For clothes, the kids are well stocked in most everything they need right now, so I tend to look at the next sizes. I have storage totes in my closet for saving the clothes that they will grow into. I do look through their current sizes too, just in case I can find a great deal on something fun for them.

My finds this year for Rylee include:
  • 3 hooded sweatshirts
  • a pair of Capri jeans
  • 2 leggings
  • 1 skirt
  • 1 dress
  • 4 shirts
  • a black cardigan sweater
  • 4 pairs of pj's



My finds for Ayden:
  • 2 hooded windbreaker jackets 
  • 2 hooded sweatshirts
  • a flannel shirt
  • 2 "layered" look long sleeve shirts
  • 2 polo shirts
  • 4 long sleeve shirts, 2 with hoods

I can't even tell you how much he is going to LOVE his "new" Spider-Man, Woody and Buzz, and Batman shirts!


Now that I'm done prepping all my stuff for the sale, and this consignment sale is completely in the books, it's on to my next project, which is finish painting my house!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you made a great deal and they have their Halloween shirts and some really cool shirts that they will love!! Ready for the snow and getting ready for Christmas there!!! Good job, Mom plus you had fun AND got steps in!!! BONUS!!!! I hope you have as much fun getting the house painted!!! You'll definitely enjoy the finished product!!! Love and hugs, Auntie! PS: I hope they get their surprise toys some day soon!! That will mean you all have had a REALLY GOOD day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weelllll, the Halloween shirts I got will actually be for NEXT year! Lol! But don't worry, they are well stocked for Halloween attire for this year too. Haha. I highly doubt I will enjoy painting near as much as I enjoy shopping. As for surprising them with their new toys, who knows when that will be! I was going to give them yesterday evening, but then Ayden had another meltdown over something he couldn't have. Apparently we have hit THAT stage, because it has been a huge theme for this past week. One I'm really not a fan of.

      Delete
  2. Love these pictures of your amazing bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love documenting my finds and looking back through these posts from precious sales. I kind of figured I was the only one who appreciates them. Haha!

      Delete