Monday, December 5, 2016

Microblog Monday: Thanksgiving Recap



Is it too late to talk about Thanksgiving? It feels so far in the past already as we are already a full week in to December, but I started this post last week and feel like I should still publish it, so here goes...

Thanksgiving turned out to be fairly calm and relaxed. It was just us, my sister's family, and my mom, so 5 adults and 6 kids. My brother and his kids weren't able to make it. I spent the Wednesday before cleaning house. I even put Ayden and Rylee to work. I hope they continue to like doing chores as much as they do right now! Could I be so lucky???

Washing windows.

One of my nephews spent the night before Thanksgiving at our house. Ayden and Rylee thought it was the Best. Thing. Ever having their cousin over. The next morning, I got the turkey in the oven roaster (the EASIEST way to cook a turkey!) by 9:15 and made the pumpkin pie. Then I had a few hours of down time, and tried to stay as relaxed as possible, but Tony made that a challenge because he was constantly hovering and asking what I wanted him to do. I'd already given him a (short) list of what I needed him to do. I finally had to tell him to just leave me alone! haha. He was making it stressful by hovering so much! I love that he tries to be so helpful, and I'm forever grateful that he always does the Thanksgiving clean up every year, but it's stressful trying to constantly come up with things for him to do when I have everything under control and there isn't anything that needs to be done in that moment! I kept the meal simple with Thanksgiving basics, and it was wonderful. Just as we were about to put all the food on the table, I realized I hadn't made the gravy! Sis helped me whip that up real quick and then dinner was served.

Overall, we really had a very lovely Thanksgiving. I love being able to spend quality time with family.

Ayden (almost 3), Adilyn (3), Steven (6), Eliana (11), Rylee (almost 3), Nathanial (5)

All of our Thanksgiving crew.


If you'd like to read more #MicroblogMonday posts from other bloggers, click here.


10 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful time! That's great that they helped you with chores!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, "help" is a relative term at this point, but they definitely do like to help! Or try to anyway... lol

      Delete
  2. I could look at pictures of your littles forever!!! I love that they are trying to help. That's a very good sign of a productive future!!! And the family photo is great topped off with Tony "singing"!!!! He's a good guy trying to help and doing clean up, a keeper!!!! Lots of love and hugs, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely a good guy, even if annoying sometimes (wink, wink).

      Delete
  3. Looks like SO much fun!! Honestly, Thanksgiving basics are my favorite. Ain't no one got time for fancy foods on Turkey Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fun dinner. And it's nice that you found the recipe for getting it all done without getting stressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress free is key, and the perfect way to go!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete