Monday, December 28, 2015

Microblog Monday: Losing My Mind


Today is one of those days that I totally feel like I'm losing my mind as a sahm.  Rylee spent a good 30 minutes straight this morning in total meltdown mode, unless I was holding her.  Of course this all happened while I was trying to make breakfast.  Ayden was in a great mood, but he makes me want to beat my head against the wall with all the trouble he manages to get into.  He gets into EVERYTHING.

So I decided after breakfast that I would take them outside, a nice distraction for Rylee and a chance for Ayden to burn off some energy.  It was cold, but not raining.  It took FOREVER to get them ready!  I literally had to put on Rylee's gloves 5 times, her hat 3 times, and did a jacket rezip once.  I put Ayden's gloves on 3 times.  Twin problems - while getting one ready, the other undoes everything you just did to get them ready!  Repeat, repeat, repeat.  Oh.  Em.  Gee.  After all that, we only got 20 minutes outside before we had to come back in because Rylee pooped.  Grrrr...

Back in the house, more whining and constant pulling on my pants.  I never knew it would be so difficult to stay dressed with kids around!!!  Fighting ensued between them and toys went into time out.

It is now finally nap time.  Thank goodness, because someone (I'm not sure who) was not going to survive much longer.  PLEASE let it be a long nap day....


To read more #MicroblogMonday posts from other bloggers, click here. 


8 comments:

  1. Nap time is the best after one of those days! Here's hoping that they sleep a long time so that you can relax for a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SOOOOOOO HOPE that you are getting a LOOOOOOOOOONG naptime today!!!! You sound like you need it. Sincerely hope that just writing all of your frustration down helped and that in reading it you can see some of the humor that is in between the lines, the redressing, the pooping, etc.!!! You do a GREAT job of being a GREAT Mommy of twins!! Sending lots of love and hugs!! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! You are a saint! These are definitely the trying times, toddler x 2! I hope they took a long nap! I remember those days very well, and I didn't have twins! You are a great mama, and your dedication and patience are paying off!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those days! That's when I give up and let them watch a couple extra tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I remember these days all too well. Doing everything in duplicate multiple times because while one would be ready the other would be undoing my work. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naptimes were truly sent from Heaven! I remember when I would stay at home with our foster kid I would set an alarm on my phone for naptime and she knew when my phone went off it was time to lay down. LOL! LOVE NAP TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there. This too will pass...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nap time is good for giving rest to your human body machines which is working long hours. I love to take nap.

    ReplyDelete