Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Bullet Point Post

I've pretty much been sucking at this whole blogging thing lately.  There's so much I'd like to write about and I think about it almost daily, but then nap time hits and it turns out to be a crappy nap day or I fall asleep myself.  I'll admit that even today I almost gave in and laid down on the couch for my own nap.  I couldn't keep my eyes open!  But then I got up for a drink of water and it snapped me out of it.  So here I am....

  • The reason I can't keep my eyes open - well, lack of sleep.  Ayden had a slight fever when he went to bed on Tuesday so we gave him some Tylenol.  However, he woke up at 11:30 with a 102.0 temp and it turned out to be a very long night.  The poor kid was miserable.  I got a grand total of 3 hours and 40 minutes of sleep (according to my awesome Fitbit!), and that sleep was by no means consecutive.  His temp got as high as 104.5 during the day, but it finally broke last night at 8:50.  It was so nice to have him wake up with enough energy to tell us all about being sick (I'm guessing at what he was saying because I really have no clue) and to eat a bowl of applesauce.  He hadn't eaten anything all day!  Then Miss Rylee woke up at 12:30, but rather than lay down with her, I just held her for a few minutes and put her back in her own crib.  I was too tired and it was way to early for me to spend the rest of the night co-sleeping with a restless toddler!  She wasn't happy, but she did go back to sleep by herself after a few minutes of crying.  Until 5:45, when they both decided we all needed to be up for the day.  Oh, and naps around here have been pretty crappy the last few days on top of it.  I'm just praying they stay asleep long enough for me to finish this post!

  • We are headed to Washington this weekend for an early Thanksgiving celebration with the in-laws.  We'll be staying with Tony's brother and family, which means that we'll be sharing a room with Ayden and Rylee.  Yep, all of us in one room, so it will be another 2 nights of no sleep because we seem to have the worst sleeping toddlers ever.  Not really.  I'm just tired and cranky and it feels like it.  But seriously, they do NOT sleep well whenever we stay someplace away from home.  

  • I love my new Fitbit.  It has really made me so much more aware of my activity level throughout the day.  The last few days excluded, it's really helped me to make a much more conscious effort to get moving.  Someone suggested in a blog comment a few posts back that I walk just on our own street now that it's dark outside.  I've taken that suggestion to heart.  We have a little oval roundabout that loops around to our house, so I've made that my personal track for walking at night.  I've even started jogging a bit.  Not a lot, but it's a start anyway.  Ayden and Rylee love to be outside, so we've taken a few walks to the mailbox and around our little neighborhood during the day. They get mad because they don't understand why it's not okay to play in other people's yards and pull their sprinkler systems and yard decorations out.  A few times I've ended up having to carry them back to the house because they refuse to walk toward home when it's time.

  • Ultimately, we've enjoyed our time going outside.  Ayden and Rylee even have these awesome Tuffo rainsuits, so we can go out even on wet days.  Nothing better than playing in mud puddles!  The suits are great because they stay completely dry and I can let them play to their hearts content.
A trip to the park


Crap.  Ayden is awake and crying so this post is about to come to an end.  Story of my blogging life lately and the reason for a bullet point post.  I tend to only have enough time to think in bullet points!  One more-

  • I plan to revisit the topic of using an egg donor in a few upcoming posts.  Not long after Ayden and Rylee were born, I asked my sister if she would write a guest post for me, sharing her story from the donor point of view.  She agreed to do it, but as you can imagine, she is also busy since she not only has four kids, but runs an in-home daycare! I reminded her a few times, but then gave up on the idea since it had been so long and I didn't want to end up being a nag.  Well, she was finally able to finish her story!  Stay tuned, because I will be sharing that with you all very soon.    

4 comments:

  1. Make sure you don't have your Fitbit set on 'sensitive' sleep- it makes a HUGE difference.

    Can you blog after the twins go down at night? Or do you reserve that for other things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Fitbit advice! I double checked to be sure and I have it set at 'normal' for sleep. It was just a VERY bad night of sleep between both Ayden and Rylee.

      We only have a desk computer, no laptop, and Tony usually gets on the computer at night after we watch some Netflix together. On rare occasions (like tonight), I can blog at night. I would LOVE to have my OWN computer for that very reason, but that's just not in the cards right now.

      Delete
  2. Sure hope that everyone is healthy and your week-end is still on!! Hoping that you my dear niece get some much needed sleep soon!! I love the kids little suits!! Do they make them in adult size too? I've never heard of them until you've been talking about them!! And oh, so excited to read J's blog on being an egg donor. Have always wondered about her thoughts but never a good time to ask if I was comfortable asking. Sending loads of love, hugs and prayers for good health!!!! ENJOY!! Auntie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the rainsuits in adult sizes, but that would be very cool! They are so easy on and off because there's a zipper on each side!

      Yeah, it's hard to ask questions about stuff like that because it can be very personal. Her guest post will be coming soon!

      Delete